Road to the Gold Cup 2012

Interesting move. But I can't help feeling putting news of it here is as appropriate as posting the latest travails of Joey Barton in a Champions League thread.

Interesting move. But I can't help feeling putting news of it here is as appropriate as posting the latest travails of Joey Barton in a Champions League thread.

Apologies Euro, I guess l will have to bow to your superior knowledge and I will ask your permission before I make any more posts.

It's all my fault, I thought the fact Weird Al is in the betting for the CGC entitled me to make the post in a thread called "Road To The Gold Cup" .

Obviously not.

Nicholls told his website, www.paulnichollsracing.com: "With Master Minded having demonstrated last season that he genuinely stays further than two miles at both Ascot and Aintree it seems the natural progression to try him over further during the forthcoming campaign.
"On that basis the likely plan is that he will once again kick his season off at Ascot in the two and a half mile Amlin 1965 Chase in November before having a tilt at The King George over three miles at Kempton on Boxing Day.
"Those two races will determine where we go with him in the New Year with numerous options open to us at the spring Festivals."

Weapon's Amnesty out for this season too. Apparently the ligament injury sustained in the RSA has not been resolved with rest.

Game over for the Gold Cup dream there id imagine, full stop. The RSA is a tough tough race on horses, so many of them never the same after is.

I thought Cooldine was going to be the business, gutted. Still a screensaver of him on a desktop i rarely use, seen it the other day and thought the same.

Best Prices

4/1 Diamond Harry
9/2 Time For Rupert
11/2 Poquelin
7/1 Nacarat
9/1 Midnight Chase
14/1 Weird Al
16/1 Chicago Grey
20/1 Neptune Collonges
20/1 Quinz
33/1 Hey Big Spender
33/1 Carruthers
50/1 Sa Suffit
66/1 Chief Dan George
250/1 Acrai Rua

1/4 odds 1,2,3 (Bet 365)
1/5 odds 1,2,3 (General)

Last edited:
Who would you favour at this stage Slim? Time for Rupert all day long for me. Nick Williams' string not in top form at moment imho.

This looks a really exciting renewal and this is the real curtain racer for the jumps for me. I'm surprised to see Hey Big Spender in there. I really like the horse and think he can improve on last year but in Colin Tizzard's stable tour in today's Racing Post he says "I'd love to run him in a big handicap on really heavy ground over 3m or further".

Last edited:
Best Prices

4/1 Diamond Harry
9/2 Time For Rupert
11/2 Poquelin
7/1 Nacarat
9/1 Midnight Chase
14/1 Weird Al
16/1 Chicago Grey
20/1 Neptune Collonges
20/1 Quinz
33/1 Hey Big Spender