Road to the Gold Cup 2012

Do you think Realt Dubh is better than Noble Prince?

Over three miles?

Not sure if he's better than Noble Prince, Bar - I just generally like ballsy, resolute novice chasers over some of the flashier types.

Meade factor only a marginal concern for me, Granger.

I don't know why I mentioned the horse on a Gold Cup thread though, I have to concede.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know where I can read the various stable tours? Thanks

Best Prices

4/1 Diamond Harry
9/2 Time For Rupert
11/2 Poquelin
7/1 Nacarat
9/1 Midnight Chase
14/1 Weird Al
16/1 Chicago Grey
20/1 Neptune Collonges
20/1 Quinz
33/1 Hey Big Spender
33/1 Carruthers
50/1 Sa Suffit
66/1 Chief Dan George
250/1 Acrai Rua

1/4 odds 1,2,3 (Bet 365)
1/5 odds 1,2,3 (General)

3/1 Diamond Harry
4/1 Time For Rupert
6/1 Poquelin
6/1 Nacarat
14/1 Weird Al
16/1 Chicago Grey
20/1 Neptune Collonges
20/1 Quinz
33/1 Hey Big Spender
33/1 Carruthers
50/1 Sa Suffit
66/1 Chief Dan George
250/1 Acrai Rua

Took 9/2 on TfR this morning when Coral had Poquelin of all creatures at shorter odds. I feel like a bit of a heel for going against Diamond Harry though.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that the front two in the betting will, more likely than not, fight out the finish on Saturday.

Nacarat, Carruthers, Midnight Chase and Chicago Grey could cut each others throats up front (which means Poquelin will toil to get home), whereas I can see both Diamond Harry and Time For Rupert hunting round in mid-division and playing theirs cards late.

Assuming all is well with the pair, I will hope something else is backed on the day, and look to play the forecast. And I will almost certainly be laying Poquelin in the Place market.

I've thrown everything else out for being badly handicapped, too regressive, or just plain mince.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that the front two in the betting will, more likely than not, fight out the finish on Saturday.

Nacarat, Carruthers, Midnight Chase and Chicago Grey could cut each others throats up front (which means Poquelin will toil to get home), whereas I can see both Diamond Harry and Time For Rupert hunting round in mid-division and playing theirs cards late.

Assuming all is well with the pair, I will hope something else is backed on the day, and look to play the forecast. And I will almost certainly be laying Poquelin in the Place market.

I've thrown everything else out for being badly handicapped, too regressive, or just plain mince.

I think Midnight Chase is the value at 10/1 e/way - He improved 2st last year and on my ratings although beaten 19L in the GoldCup that was his best run of the season. Imo he's got the least negatives and is the most likely to run 160+

I think Midnight Chase is the value at 10/1 e/way - He improved 2st last year and on my ratings although beaten 19L in the GoldCup that was his best run of the season. Imo he's got the least negatives and is the most likely to run 160+

He doesn't run Swedish - heading for the James Nicholson instead.

He doesn't run Swedish - heading for the James Nicholson instead.

Thanks for that I was gonna back him later today - you saved me some money as I was just reading Neil Mulholand's blog, he said:

"25th October Dougie was in this morning and he schooled Midnight Chase alongside Midnight Opera. Midnight Opera jumped very well but Midnight Chase showed his well being by jumping spectacularly he is just bursting for a run."

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know where I can read the various stable tours? Thanks
Nicholls Stable Tour was in the Weekender a couple of weeks back - lots of nice types, lovely novice hurdlers and horses he doesn't know a lot about.

Enthusiastic reports about Diamond Harry ahead of his return in the Charlie Hall at Wetherby.

I hope he goes well, but in my experience once they have suffered suspensory ligament problems it’s only a matter of time before it recurs. Even if he does well at the weekend (which seems to be expected) I’d be fearful of a Gold Cup bid.

Hamm.,

If you look back at the Talking Horses blog on the guardian.co.uk website there was a week in September where they went through the Nicholls stable tour; something like 20 horses a day. It should come up on a search on their site.

Back