Road to the Gold Cup 2020

If he wins tomorrow, he may be the second coming

If he wins tomorrow 33/1 triple crown looks a good price. Think he’ll be as low as 3/1-7/2 for this.

I like Bristol for this race though, it’s his Gold Cup, for a horse who’s finished third in a Gold Cup it sounds silly. I’ve decided this and the Altior race are now just watching spectacles.

Superb ride. Tizzard always said he was a serious horse when he beat Defi last season. Got to be dreaming of the Gold Cup now.

Some boy.

Cyrname
Clan Des
Footpad/Douvan
Lostintranslation
Altior
Vinndication

Best race for many years if they all rock up.

Last edited:
Grievehill should be fav for the king George.

Carried 5Lb more than The betfair runners and ran over a second faster.

Last edited:
Some boy.

Cyrname
Clan Des
Footpad/Douvan
Lostintranslation
Altior
Vinndication

Best race for many years if they all rock up.

Lostintranslation vs Cyrname really.

I'd like to see Defi in there but not going to happen this year.

Just to point out that Lostintranslation was 1.1 sec slower than Crievehill in the handicap chase (won by 10l carrying 11-12).

Lostintranslation up 12 to 173.
Bristol De Mai left on 170.

Based purely on Saturday, both a pound or two too high in my view but at this level it makes no difference.

Lostintranslation up 12 to 173.
Bristol De Mai left on 170.

Based purely on Saturday, both a pound or two too high in my view but at this level it makes no difference.

I don't want to detract from LIT performance but I thought BDM ran below par compared to the last couple of runs at the course. I just wonder are they playing the long game with him this season rather than having him pretty forward for the Betfair like previous seasons.

On a separate note , LIT up 12lb and Defi du Seuil left unchanged at 162

Last edited:
I don't want to detract from LIT performance but I thought BDM ran below par compared to the last couple of runs at the course. I just wonder are they playing the long game with him this season rather than having him pretty forward for the Betfair like previous seasons.

On a separate note , LIT up 12lb and Defi du Seuil left unchanged at 162

BDM wasn't at his exuberant best I'd agree. Either not as far forward as you suggest, or not as good as he was. Lostintranslation is a genuine contender for March though.

Your point about his new rating compared to Defi is a very good one,and one I hadn't noticed.

BDM ran to the same level as last year imo. He beat Native River 3 lengths twelve months ago, over three miles on g/s. NR is a proper boat and that test wouldn't have suited him.

Back