Road to the Lincoln

Sheikh

At the Start
TRAINER William Haggas has forecast that William Hill Lincoln ante-post favourite Penitent has a major chance of winning the race granted fitness and suitable ground conditions.
Penitent, who has been assigned 8st 13lb for the Flat season curtain-raiser on March 27, made excellent progress on the all-weather in the latter half of last season, concluding with a second to Sovereign Remedy in a warm handicap at Southwell.

Haggas said: "I'm hopeful that if I am able to get him fit enough he will win the race. I'm looking forward to running him on turf again."He does want soft ground, however, and I won't run him on fast ground."

:ninja:

god we're not thinking of the flat again already!! My heart sinks......but only for a day until I think about chellers!!

Definitely getting more into the Cheltenham mode in the last week or so - really looking forward to it now after pretty much ambling through the jump season so far.

But once Cheltenham is over its straight to the flat - Aintree and Punchestown are just side shows/distractions for me.

Penitent (10) , Doctor Crane (16) , Manassas (16) , Expresso Star (20) , Extraterrestrial (20) , Mias Boy (20) , Prince of Dance (20) , Collateral Damage (25) , Huzzah (25) , Jesse James (25) , Mull of Killough (25) , Prime Exhibit (25) , Tiger Reigns (25) , Al Khaleej (33) , Albaqaa (33) , Cloudy Start (33) , Dubais Touch (33) , Dunno (33) , Good Again (33) , Harrison George (33)

I like the flat but the Lincoln is the most tedious and pointless race of the year in either code.

The Lincoln is poor in fairness, the flat needs a better curtain raiser and should use the Craven imo.

I like the flat but the Lincoln is the most tedious and pointless race of the year in either code.

That's very much a personal opinion. At leat the winner has a chance of procreating which is more than can be said for the Cheltenham bumper winner.(unless of course it's a mare)

That's very much a personal opinion. At leat the winner has a chance of procreating which is more than can be said for the Cheltenham bumper winner.(unless of course it's a mare)

Ha?? who was the last lucky Lincoln winner to become a stallion? I'm not flat man so it could have been two years ago or 20 years ago but Sheikh, ya better pick a different reason as to why the Lincoln is better than the Champion Bumper :D

They do run faster, I suppose. But the result of the bumper isn't largely predetermined by the draw.

Ha?? who was the last lucky Lincoln winner to become a stallion? I'm not flat man so it could have been two years ago or 20 years ago but Sheikh, ya better pick a different reason as to why the Lincoln is better than the Champion Bumper :D

Babodana won in '04, his first foals are this year, there have been a few over the years. Kings Ride might ring a bell with you jumping types. I'll let you into a little secret, I don't really give a shite about the Lincoln.Looking forward to the first meeting at the Curragh though.

Babodana won in '04, his first foals are this year, there have been a few over the years. Kings Ride might ring a bell with you jumping types. I'll let you into a little secret, I don't really give a shite about the Lincoln.Looking forward to the first meeting at the Curragh though.

Got 'em going there, Sheikh! :cool::cool::lol:

Looking at the race in general, a couple stand out for me even though they are high in the weights, Master of Arts who was having his 1st run in a long time on the all weather recently and would have needed it (typical Johnston horse) and Mia's Boy (a very solid handicapper) seem to look pretty good for me

What I dont understand is why do they run it in March just after the Cheltenham festival and just before the Aintree festival. Thats like the worst time to run it

Because it's a bookies benefit that no discerning racing fan gives a toss about. I only start thinking about the flat in mid April.

Back