Road to the RYANAIR CHASE

Soft ground would make no odds, he won the paddy power on heavy, he should be a penalty kick but something is telling me that he is nowhere near the force he was.

Soft ground would make no odds, he won the paddy power on heavy, he should be a penalty kick but something is telling me that he is nowhere near the force he was.

That is my view also tiggers. He won the PP on soft. Can forgive the KG as he was jumping left the whole way. But at Newbury I don't think he would have even won over 2m5, or if he would have then he would have scrambled home. You would expect him to muller HT over that trip.
Like you i'm just not sure with him especially if the ground is soft. Even on better ground we would be guessing. Though I look down the Ryanair field and there really is not much to beat.

Al Ferof doesn't like a small field and a steady pace. Made a bad mistake in the Arkle and ran like a drain behind Menorah at Aintree on his next start.

39 entries stand their ground

Form Horse Age Owner Trainer
343/1-132 AL FEROF (FR) 9 John Hales Paul Nicholls
1213P-4 ALDERWOOD (IRE) 10 J P McManus Tom Mullins IRE
FP1-1131 ARVIKA LIGEONNIERE (FR) 9 Susannah Ricci Willie Mullins IRE
32P4-2520 BAILY GREEN (IRE) 8 Adam Scott Mouse Morris IRE
411P-41 BENEFFICIENT (IRE) 8 A Shiels/Niall Reilly Tony Martin IRE
2/11FF-16 BOSTON BOB (IRE) 9 Andrea & Graham Wylie Willie Mullins IRE
110-012 CANTLOW (IRE) 9 J P McManus Paul Webber
11151-3 CAPTAIN CONAN (FR) 7 Triermore Stud Nicky Henderson
251-02U26 CHAMPION COURT (IRE) 9 Mark Boothright Martin Keighley
103-101 CLOUDY TOO (IRE) 8 Formulated Polymer Products Ltd Sue Smith
112-312 CUE CARD 8 Jean Bishop Colin Tizzard
1121-25 DYNASTE (FR) 8 John White David Pipe
F25-615 FAGO (FR) 6 Andrea & Graham Wylie Paul Nicholls
213-3423 FIRST LIEUTENANT (IRE) 9 Gigginstown House Stud Mouse Morris IRE
6F-21322 HIDDEN CYCLONE (IRE) 9 Mrs A F Mee & David Mee John Hanlon IRE
P23413-6060 HUNT BALL (IRE) 9 Atlantic Equine Nicky Henderson
1P0P-553 KAUTO STONE (FR) 8 Robin Geffen Paul Nicholls
4520-10 KID CASSIDY (IRE) 8 J P McManus Nicky Henderson
3P1111/-31 LAST INSTALMENT (IRE) 9 Gigginstown House Stud Philip Fenton IRE
2F423-55 LYREEN LEGEND (IRE) 7 Lyreen Syndicate Dessie Hughes IRE
132234/- MEDERMIT (FR) 10 The Dunkley & Reilly Partnership Alan King
13P22-P MENORAH (IRE) 9 Diana Whateley Philip Hobbs
F114-241 MODULE (FR) 7 Simon Clarke Tom George
4141-U4 MOUNT BENBULBEN (IRE) 9 Barry Connell Gordon Elliott IRE
1/12-3004 PRINCE DE BEAUCHENE (FR) 11 Andrea & Graham Wylie Willie Mullins IRE
F1011-5 RAJDHANI EXPRESS 7 Robert Waley-Cohen Nicky Henderson
042-11153 RATHLIN 9 Gigginstown House Stud Mouse Morris IRE
P/646-1U RIVERSIDE THEATRE 10 Jimmy Nesbitt Partnership Nicky Henderson
1-F21P20 ROI DU MEE (FR) 9 Gigginstown House Stud Gordon Elliott IRE
3112-12 ROLLING ACES (IRE) 8 Paul Barber, Ian Fogg & David Martin Paul Nicholls
30-3626 RUBI LIGHT (FR) 9 Bill Hennessy Robbie Hennessy IRE
21F1-1F RUPERT LAMB 8 Andrea & Graham Wylie Willie Mullins IRE
122-124 SIZING EUROPE (IRE) 12 Ann & Alan Potts Partnership Henry de Bromhead IRE
606F0-12 TATENEN (FR) 10 The Stewart Family Richard Rowe
FP1-332 THEATRE GUIDE (IRE) 7 Jean Bishop Colin Tizzard
5145/4-40 TIME FOR RUPERT (IRE) 10 Littlecote Racing Partnership Paul Webber
1112212 TONER D'OUDAIRIES (FR) 7 Gigginstown House Stud Gordon Elliott IRE
1241-113 TWINLIGHT (FR) 7 M L Bloodstock Ltd Willie Mullins IRE
133-6621 WISHFULL THINKING 11 Diana Whateley Philip Hobbs

39 entries remain after February 11 scratchings deadline
18 Irish-trained

I backed him NRNB for the Queen Mother. I think Willie has made some sort of clerical error because it's clear the horse doesn't stay.

It will take a good run to beat CC, what's the story regarding Hunt Ball and the training situation?

Who's going to line up?My thinking is that Benefficient will go for the QM chase now that SS has been pulled .
I think that was their respective trainers plans if SS didn't run, according to my memory.
The possible line up?
First Lieutenant /Dynaste / Al Ferof / Menorah /Hidden Cyclone / Riverside Theatre / Bailey Green / Champion Court / Module/ Lyreen Legend.

Last edited:
Who's going to line up?My thinking is that Benefficient and Dynaste will go for the QM chase now that SS has been pulled .
I think that was their respective trainers plans if SS didn't run, according to my memory.
The possible line up?
First Lieutenant / Al Ferof / Menorah /Hidden Cyclone / Riverside Theatre / Bailey Green / Champion Court / Bailey Green/ Lyreen Legend.

Benefficient has been touted if the ground came up testing.

Dynaste had also been backed into 5/1 from 16's for the Ryanair with Ladbrokes this past week, I know you like them as an indication.

Last edited:
You could have looked at the QM entries before you made that up, saved yourself from embarrassment. Dynaste has never ran over 2m in his entire chasing career and never been considered for the race.

Benefficient has been touted if the ground came up testing.

Dynaste had also been backed into 5/1 from 16's for the Ryanair with Ladbrokes this past week, I know you like them as an indication.

Your memory is not an ideal place to go reference sourcing....

Feck it , I couldn't give a **** who runs now as long as Menorah runs his race he'll be bang there with First Lieutenant- if FL runs in the GC and not the Ryanair all the better for my e/w antepost on Menorah. He will place at least.

Feck it , I couldn't give a **** who runs now as long as Menorah runs his race he'll be bang there with First Lieutenant- if FL runs in the GC and not the Ryanair all the better for my e/w antepost on Menorah. He will place at least.

He's still 16/1 if you want some more and nrnb bet365....

Last edited:
Some firms shortened to 10's. "They know" ..

Does that apply to Laddies shortening Dynaste to 5's....I hope so cause they know best...

I'd believe it about Menorah if he was universally cut but too many of bookmakers that I consider good guides have him as an also ran.

Would certainly have expected bet365 to cut him considering the nrnb policy, the fact that they haven't would suggest there's no tsunami...

other than al ferof i can't think of any principals likely to go to the cc. and if the ground is good then i think al ferof might stay in this one anyway.

first loot & dynaste will still go here i'd expect.

other than al ferof i can't think of any principals likely to go to the cc. and if the ground is good then i think al ferof might stay in this one anyway.

first loot & dynaste will still go here i'd expect.

baracouda's right when he said Beneficent may be routed there if the going is testing, would have to think they are even more tempted now.

He would provide a good pace....

Back