Road to the RYANAIR CHASE

Reet, he was beaten 6L giving 17lbs to Somersby.....who was beaten 4L off levels by Sire De Grugy on the only G1 Chase over 2m so far this season.

I'm not arguing Cue Card is as good over 2m as he is over further - he isn't - but his Exeter form (extra 2f just quibbling and irrelevant) absolutely makes him a QMCC player in the absence of The Areoplane. In fact, he should probably be favourite on that Haldon form-line alone. Who has put up better 2m form this season??

Last edited:
There's no way cue card goes queen mother, mainly as I think sprinter will be there but that ship has sailed they've been there done that they want the gold cup and big time! If it were heavy then they might with a heavy heart go Ryanair

I'm hoping Cue Card lines up here, as he'd be one of the bankers of the week.
Curveball horse for a place in this, what about Hunt Ball?

Sold on to different connections,sent to America where it hasn't gone 'as planned'.Henderson has him now for a stint before he goes back to the states.Anyone else smell something.....

After flopping four times in America he has no chance in the Ryanair. Best run him in a handicap. His mark is bound to be dropped.

Last edited:
From his FB page

Hunt Ball fans will be pleased to hear I've got an early entry for the Ryanair Chase at the Cheltenham Festival.

There's no way cue card goes queen mother, mainly as I think sprinter will be there but that ship has sailed they've been there done that they want the gold cup and big time! If it were heavy then they might with a heavy heart go Ryanair

No QM entry for Cue Card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bet365 are going NRNB on this now.

So here's a question;

Is there anybody on this forum that thinks Cue Card would have less than 30% chance of winning the Ryanair if he were to line up in it ?

Because that's roughly the price you can get, i.e. 5/2 with Bet365 and now with the money back if he's a no show concession.

Incredible value IMO and within days I can see the best price NRNB being c. 6/4

So here's a question;

Is there anybody on this forum that thinks Cue Card would have less than 30% chance of winning the Ryanair if he were to line up in it ?

Because that's roughly the price you can get, i.e. 5/2 with Bet365 and now with the money back if he's a no show concession.

Incredible value IMO and within days I can see the best price NRNB being c. 6/4

Agreed.

COLIN TIZZARD on Monday night gave the strongest indication yet that Cue Card will go for the Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup in March rather than attempting a repeat success in the Ryanair Chase.

The trainer has been reluctant to pinpoint which race his stable star would line up in but declared that the eight-year-old, runner-up in the King George on Boxing Day, was "85 per cent likely" to step up in trip and tackle the Gold Cup.
Cue Card is currently a best-priced 8-1 behind Bobs Worth and Silviniaco Conti for the big prize in two month's time, but is as short as 2-1 favourite for the Ryanair Chase over more than five furlongs shorter.

Tizzard said: "The ultimate aim for anyone owning a jumper has to be to win the Cheltenham Gold Cup and, all things being equal, it's 85 per cent likely that's the way we'll go as things stand."

COLIN TIZZARD gave the strongest indication yet that Cue Card will go for the Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup in March rather than attempting a repeat success in the Ryanair Chase.
The trainer has been reluctant to pinpoint which race his stable star would line up in but declared that the eight-year-old, runner-up in the King George on Boxing Day, was "85 per cent likely" to step up in trip and tackle the Gold Cup.
Tizzard said: "The ultimate aim for anyone owning a jumper has to be to win the Cheltenham Gold Cup and, all things being equal, it's 85 per cent likely that's the way we'll go as things stand."

Benefficient for me . Firstly will run in the race and his form is as good as needs be. The distance and climb to the hill will suit. Other fancies in the betting market will not run.
Wins by 3l .

Benefficient for me . Firstly will run in the race and his form is as good as needs be. The distance and climb to the hill will suit. Other fancies in the betting market will not run.
Wins by 3l .

All depends where Alf ends up. If he ends up here then the rest are racing for 2nd me thinks.

Yeah that's the puzzle of the starting line up. I'm of the opinion that PN yard will have a couple of runners at least in the GC and AL Ferof will line up with SC to add a tactical ride to the race to benefit the first string. Its all guesswork for now but worth it for the current available price.

Back