Road to the RYANAIR CHASE

First Loot will run in the Gold Cup for sure, especially after last year. Morris was fuming that he ran in the Ryanair

Morris doesn't get to choose, lot of money for him all week in this....

Last Instalment don't go then he would run in GC

Who's going to line up?My thinking is that Benefficient will go for the QM chase now that SS has been pulled .
I think that was their respective trainers plans if SS didn't run, according to my memory.
The possible line up?
First Lieutenant /Dynaste / Al Ferof / Menorah /Hidden Cyclone / Riverside Theatre / Bailey Green / Champion Court / Module/ Lyreen Legend.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/article/465/9183446/pipe-eyes-ryanair-for-dynaste

5/1 everywhere now, will surely start favourite come the day...

Last edited:
First Loot will run in the Gold Cup for sure, especially after last year. Morris was fuming that he ran in the Ryanair

Mouse has continued to say the ground will determine his target.

Personally I can't see him in the gold cup unless they're very sure soft will not appear anywhere in the going. On all known form he has a place chance at best on anything worse than genuine good ground, and even then you're hoping he improves a nice few pounds.

Hopefully we're looking at good to soft (good in places) and he gets aimed at the Ryanair. Horse deserves his day in the winners enclosure.

Still surprised they took Theatre Guide out of the Gold Cup considering the way he was rallying in the Hennessy. Not the smoothest jumper but I could have seen him easily outrunning the 100/1 he was. Still in the Ryanair and the 3m Handicap. Certainly one I have my eye on at big price.

Still surprised they took Theatre Guide out of the Gold Cup considering the way he was rallying in the Hennessy. Not the smoothest jumper but I could have seen him easily outrunning the 100/1 he was. Still in the Ryanair and the 3m Handicap. Certainly one I have my eye on at big price.
also been ruled out of cheltenham

Mouse has continued to say the ground will determine his target.

Personally I can't see him in the gold cup unless they're very sure soft will not appear anywhere in the going. On all known form he has a place chance at best on anything worse than genuine good ground, and even then you're hoping he improves a nice few pounds.

Hopefully we're looking at good to soft (good in places) and he gets aimed at the Ryanair. Horse deserves his day in the winners enclosure.
I had an extended discussion about this with ex Neigh-bours last year. Everyone but Morris seems to know that, against decent opposition, FL only gets 3 miles on good going on a flat track. The Ryanair should be right up his street and he would have been a good winner last year if he hadn't had the misfortune to run into a horse with a similar profile who is/was just better. I just wonder whether he's now been mucked about too much in trying to prove the staying ability for him to produce his best form in a 21 furlong championship race.

This is between Benefficient and Menorah. A cracking renewal this year.

Beneficient for me
Cant have Menorah for this at all, Another crack at The Bowl beckons I think
Still reckon he has untapped potential over 3m on good ground.

It was that race with First Lieutenant and Silviniaco Conti that I remember. Menorah was going well and looked the likely winner of the 2 out but just didn't get the trip. I reckon 21/2 M at Cheltenham -with the climb is perfect.

Reports from Dunraven preview suggest that Henderson is considering diverting Rajhdani Express and Hunt Ball to a very winnable Ryanair .

Reports from Dunraven preview suggest that Henderson is considering diverting Rajhdani Express and Hunt Ball to a very winnable Ryanair .

It's not "very winnable" with either of that pair.

NJH presmuably embedded deeply with the Tawny Port at that Preview night.

Last edited:
RE could easily place, GH. When you have horses like Dynaste at the head of the market it is easy to see the temptation...

Just because saps are backing Dynaste, it doesn't improve RE's chance, Hamm. This Ryanair may lack the class of some of the more recent runnings, but it's going to take more than a medium-grade handicapper has to offer, to win it. :cool:

Ruddy ell, don't know who has got less chance, Rajhdani Express or Long Run in the National :whistle:

Money came for Dynaste last week, although yesterday Benefficient was well supported, from a general 5/1 into 4/1 now with every firm. See if it continues.

I don't believe Henderson is serious about Rajhdani Express, he couldn't possibly be.

Why not, he is rated 155. He has won at the festival before and still possibly improving. He's clearly nowhere near top class but the race is as flaky as they come. I see a big field if trainers see what I am seeing and decide to take their chance. Very poor renewal.

Back