Royal Ascot 2015

Euro, I've just clicked on here to post pretty much word for word what you have just wrote!
Who would have thought you would see 11/2 and 8/1 for Limato and Tiggy Wiggy on the eve of the race a couple of week ago.
Looks a belting race I've been looking forward to it.

Indeed. Although I do prefer AA to Tiggy Wiggy given how Hannon's are running.

The Coronation is unreal. 11/8 Found 7/2 Lucida and 9/2 Ervedya. Mental.

Time Tested was hugely impressive today; time looks solid as well, EC?

The other horse that has really impressed me was Acapulco. Didn't break like it was blasted out of a cannon like some of Ward's have but really took the field apart. The form looks pretty bomb-proof as well. Really hope she stays in Europe this summer.

Really striking how the American 2yo's invariably are far bigger and more robust than the British/Irish horses. Acapulco looked like a tank in a field of Micras in the ring yesterday...

I'm going to sit out tomorrow and keep the powder dry for Postponed.

Really striking how the American 2yo's invariably are far bigger and more robust than the British/Irish horses. Acapulco looked like a tank in a field of Micras in the ring yesterday...

Indeed. I'm not sure the explanation is entirely innocent.

Meanwhile I do think Hootenanny is entitled to be fav for tomorrow's sprint, even without the Moore factor.

Flat racing is all much of a muchness to me really and it was disappointing that California Chrome was taken out of the PoW but it's difficult not to be taken by Ryan Moore's brilliance. That he was still rebuking himself for the Kingfisher ride after winning on War Envoy was a pleasure to watch.

All the same, my highlight so far was Lydia Hislop becoming deeply fascinated by an insect crawling along her Racing Post. Did anybody else find that incredibly adorable or was it just me?

any bugger else watching racing?..more life in a tramps vest than on here..116 online and no opinions..ffs

Point taken but when I'm at work (which is all the fcuking time) I usually only have time to keep glancing in - if I have time to form an opinion I usually don't have time to post it. I still value the forum immensely though - wish I could contribute more.

As much as they say there is nothing for the 3 year old sprinters the Diamond Jubilee looks a shockingly poor renewal this year without them .

Crazy crazy meeting. The prices tomorrow in the Commonwealth and Coronation are just based on Ryan Moore. Neither of his rides in those races should even be favourite.

Couldn't agree more. The one that fascinates me is Aloft in the last over 2 miles. He has had 4 full brothers and 4 half-brothers race and not a single one has won over further than 7.5 furlongs and the longest distance any of them has even tackled is 10 furlongs. Classy horse and Moore and O'Brien are having a fantastic meeting but how can 2/1 be justified?

I'm actually mad keen on Hootenanny today and was thankful that the price hadn't contracted off the scale given the trainer and especially jockey.

The Coronation looks quite tricky to me. Think Found is going to need a very strong pace otherwise will be vulnerable to the Bolger horse and the French one. Lucida just gets my vote.

The Commonwealth looks a cracker too. Whether Hooty just wins we shall see. Can make a case for quite a few here. Adaay just seems to be improving all the time. Safe to say there will be no messing around here. Quite like New Providence at 33/1 to run into the money. Consistent and can see her running well.

Think Arabian Queen may set the pace Frankel but I'm just about siding with Lucida too. She appeared to see out the mile well enough in the 1000 and was simply outstayed by a filly who had previously won over c. 10f and went on to finish 2nd in the Oaks, with the rest well beaten off.

Will be an interesting race Wilson for sure. Think Lucida would reverse the form with the Guineas winner over a mile.
The French filly looks classy too. Should be a cracker. Feel like a traitor for deserting Found.

Awkward head carriage from Tiggy Wiggy there never looked like she was enjoying it.

I backed Muharrar 10/1 ante- post.......for the Jersey!

Winner appeared to do that very well.
Did look like they went to quick early on and paid the price.

Did Manning play the hold-up game for too long and from too far back?
I know the draw was unfavourable, but that hardly dictated that he stay so far out the back until the final 2 furlongs, no?

I suppose the draw wasn't ideal and had she been prominent she may well have won. Having said that, as Wilson says he got after her soon enough. The winner had the turn of foot which was the difference so no complaints. The slight doubt I had was would she have that burst in this race compared to the French races. She's smart. Was a cracking race.

Last edited:
I think the success of Mustajeeb last time and also the fact that the Commonwealth has been introduced convinced Hamdan and Angus Gold it was a good move to drop back to 6, Any year before now he would have been a definite Jersey runner, But It will have been factored into the price and I suppose we should have spotted it.

two top notch perfomances today ..Ervedya 128...but the third horse is the best horse after allowing for running on when the front end horses had a slight edge..Lucida 129

Last edited:
Back