Royal Ascot 2016

A brutal day for me. Pleased to escape with some each way money from the last two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan is a lucky guy that the lads believe in him. Murtagh or Fallon would have been on a sticky wicket after some of his big race rides. I do like how he has so much faith in the horses but constantly falling out the stalls and leaving your horse a lot to do in very soft conditions isn't always going to end up with you winning.

Aye, there are a lot better judges on here than Stoute, Charlton, Haggas & the Coolmore crew. Keep screwing up as he does, and he won't be leading jockey at the meeting for the 5th time in the past 6 years. :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Fancy the Ward horse in the first after Lady Aurelia's demolition the other day but I also really like Queen Kindly.

I'm going each way on La Rioja - I really like this horse and am expecting a big run.

I also have a really strong gut feeling for Alice Springs. I think it will have been aimed at this all along so happy to take previous runs this season with a pinch of salt.

Good luck to any fancying a bet today, I managed two winners, small bet on prince of Lir but I really fancied Hawkbill so replenished the funds somewhat after the rubbish I tried on the first two days. Feeling confident today!

Tough to find a bet today. Can't oppose the filly in the Commonwealth and the Edward VII is a pin stickers race.

I think Marenko is slightly overpriced in the Coronation. She won the Fred Darling nicely enough and was stepping down in trip have run over a mile as a 2yo. I'll be looking for a nice place price on the machine.

It's difficult to come up with an exact figure for Lady Aurelia's time yesterday. Five races on the straight course but the three over a mile all appear to have been relatively slowly-run. The Jersey was better in this regard but if Ribchester was rated as running a time commensurate with the form value of his performance that would put Lady Aurelia's performance completely off the scale. The minimum time rating I can give her is 127 but that's very - very - conservative in my view and I strongly suspect it should be higher and quite probably in the mid-130s. That would give a rating for the second, Al Johrah, in the region of 108-110 which is perfectly credible.

Think this is spot on. Timeform have a form and time rating both of which are 127, and both are on the defensive side. Would love to see her go and post a 130 figure in the Morny or whereever she turns up next, but I'm just a tad skeptical.

Choreographer (3.05) was an unlucky 7th in the Dante, and must have been showing well at home of late, as his trainer recently entered him for the King George.
Convinced Jet Setting (4.20) was flattered in the Irish Guineas, and will take her on with Nathra.

Rare Rhythm for me in addition to the above 17.00 - Godolphin's horses have clearly all been aimed at this meeting! Definitely on the upward curve which is just what you want in these handicaps.

Jet Setting 5-4 to be unplaced on the exchange looks good to me-the Irish Guineas result was an absolute fairytale but there has to be a doubt about how ready Minding was that day.

Quiet Reflection will win the Commonwealth.
Can't complain about that result. Well done whoever it is that has backed her anti-post for later in the season.
Nemoralia in the next for me.

Last edited:
Look how far Alice Springs had to come out and got blocked twice in the progress to come round and start going forward again. Found himself in a horrible position there, surely you have to start moving out on the bend in readiness. Grrrrrrrr

That's the thing about the psychology of betting. If you backed Alice Springs in that race you'll always remember it, always have it down as one of those black mark moments. I've even winced this week watching RUK with their Ascot montage that shows the POW from last year. However, if you backed Qemah there you might reflect on your good fortune now but in future it goes down as just another winner, your good luck at this moment forgotten.

Last edited:
That's the thing about the psychology of betting. If you backed Alice Springs in that race you'll always remember it, always have it down as one of those black mark moments. I've even winced this week watching RUK with their Ascot montage that shows the POW from last year. However, if you backed Qemah there you might reflect on your good fortune now but in future it goes down as just another winner, your good luck at this moment forgotten.

Very true bud. To be fair he has won some races for me with great rides so I can't complain, just frustrating as I got really stuck in to Alice Springs and she will be no price next time! Never mind, live to fight another day!

Great ride that on Kinema - judged to perfection, I needed the finish line a furlong shorter for Rare Rhythm, another place, at least I am making profits though unlike earlier in the week!

Ryan Moore went for a gap that wasn't there that time, shocking comments from channel 4 team about how the winner should be chucked out.
Look how much ground Kinema has made up itself after being squeezed a couple furlongs out then tell me the best horse hasn't won on the day.

Last edited:
The big question is.....would they be talking so much bollox if Ryan Moore wasn't on the squeezed horse.

Last edited:
Back