Royal Ascot 2020

Best bet for me is on Wednesday [King George V Handicap]

Win O'Clock

Liked the way he won earlier in the month, and be great to see Hollie Doyle get a Royal Win

Each Way @ 7-1 [Bet Victor] 5 places

Does anyone know the official riding arrangements for Godolphin? Who is contracted for first choice of rides for whom?

Best bet for me is on Wednesday [King George V Handicap]

Win O'Clock

Liked the way he won earlier in the month, and be great to see Hollie Doyle get a Royal Win

Each Way @ 7-1 [Bet Victor] 5 places

You're a brave man, PB, choosing a race like that for a best bet! Good luck with it. I'll almost certainly be having a go at the race myself as it's one of my favourite races but I'll be holding off until the morning of the race for the best prices and concessions.

I have gone for Ebury at a pony 25/1 in the first tomorrow.

Meade and sons had a winner yesterday so they are in form and Ebury looks to have been laid out for this.

Each way a fifth the odds the first five with my favourite Boylesports. :)

Re-Simmo. I reckon Turjomaan will out run his odds, but a place chance is most realistic.

Re-Tiggers. Hell no! Diotecian is my nap tomorrow. I really feel a big run coming.

Last edited:
Luckyme, do you have any quotes from Andrew Balding about Diocletian? He got his head in front at the end of last season at Chester. I reckon he will be ready to rock and roll off his new rating of 96 in the Ascot stakes. He wears a hood for the first time which I assume will aid his cause.

Diocletian 12/1 runs in the Ascot Stakes (16:40) and, while it’s a bit of a punt going this far on his first run of the season, if he ran to the same kind of level that he showed at Chester and stayed the trip, then he’ll be bang there. He’s got the ability, that’s for sure.

If you play the pools at Ascot this week be aware

attachment.php

Attachments

• Temp.jpg
    Temp.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 89
Diocletian 12/1 runs in the Ascot Stakes (16:40) and, while it’s a bit of a punt going this far on his first run of the season, if he ran to the same kind of level that he showed at Chester and stayed the trip, then he’ll be bang there. He’s got the ability, that’s for sure.
Another unproven at the trip. ATR is forecasting an even pace; if that is so, then ability to stay the trip will be a necessity. If I had to bet, it would probably be Summer Moon.

If you were to just look at 2 races all week, what would they be?
Wolferton on Thursday. Regal Reality should be clear fav but is only third choice

Diamond Jubilee on Saturday. Sceptical a rampant story/hype horse who needs taking on. Not decided who with yet.

I have had a look at Wednesday's card. There are so many horses with top class form. Its not always easy deciding who is going to prove themselves as No.1 on the day. I know many will simply back the favs blind.

I am considering Ambassadorial for Jane Hyam and Egan in the Silver Hunt Cup. Based on its last run it will act on turf. His all weather form (including at Meydan) is excellent. It makes his turf mark look very appealing for a race like this.

Montatham in the Hunt Cup anyone? Well backed. Improving all the time.

I will have to follow the improving filly Hereby in last race on Wednesday. She has been working her way up the handicap, beating the boys in the process, which is usually a sign of a very good filly. She has every chance of winning her biggest prize to date.

Last edited:
Wed looks hard. Japan should win but 10f/short straight combo is not ideal. Nothing to take him on with.

Tuesday looks the most bet heavy day:

Roseman is big at 14s for the Queen Anne but there's a few in here being underestimated. The front two are both tight.

Trefoil looks an obvious ew bet in the Ribblesdale but quick turnaround means she's one for the multiples rather than a proper bet.

The Duke of Cambridge looks the race of the day and I really try and avoid competitive group races where like four or five can win but again, the front two are a bit short and Queen Power interests me over a stiff straight mile given how keen she is over further. I like her at 11/2+ for 4 places.

I have 3 alerts in the 1.15
Kaeso must be thereabouts.
Gifted master who is 5lb lower than when he won the stewards cup,but this is 7f.
Documenting 25/1 lower on turf than aw

150 my alerts are
Bless him
Roseman
Turjoman

my ew patent is
Documenting 25/1
Roseman 16/1
Cliffs of dooneen 33/1 in the 440.

Hoping for a first and last race dble for Rossa Ryan.

Good luck, Outsider. Good to see you back posting

I notice one of my top trackers, Breathtaking Look, has been entered in the Diamond Jubilee stakes on Saturday.

Morning all, we’ve got Ascot but by no means as excited as normal! Will be playing things relatively small with the lack of back form!

Having said that, this Queen Anne field is not great, for me, bang average! Circus Maximus is a genuine G1 miler, I have no idea how he is 3/1, an absolute gift!

Only issue I seem to be having is I can’t get AOB right at the minute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gone for cover on the Queen Anne with Skardu. James Doyle sounded positive about him earlier. Turjomann on the drift and ground has gone against him.

As always most races look impossible! Mine selections consist of:
Motakhayyel and Lethal Lunch ew
Mohaather And Skaardu ew
miss next two as I think favs should win
Tis Marvellous ew
Jubiloso w and Wasmya ew
Land of Oz and Ashutor ew

So probably avoid the above! I may well have a look at others once I see them in paddock.

Apparently you can do the Tote Placepot and Jackpot via betfair now (you learn something every day) and they are looking to have huge pools to claw back much needed Levy.

Apparently you can do the Tote Placepot and Jackpot via betfair now (you learn something every day) and they are looking to have huge pools to claw back much needed Levy.

You can do directly with the Tote - https://tote.co.uk/promotions, so cutting out the middleman and also they offer a £10 free first bet

One other point to note is both the placepot and quadpot at Royal Ascot (because of the super pools) will only be first 3 places in ALL handicaps which will alos boost the payouts!

Back