Royal Ascot 2020

That’s one I didn’t pick! :lol:

I was just coming on to check!!

I hadn't bet anything in the race but thought I might have a bit of fun backing the four longest prices win-only on the exchange then thought, 'Nah, don't be daft' and ended up backing Thunder Of Niagara to 5places at 66/1. Finished 6th. :mad:

Last edited:
Too many unexposed and the winner has fairly turned the form around with Existent. The fav was disappointing and I wonder if race came too soon for him especially as he’s a big horse.

Going to make myself look silly probably, no change there, but watching that race just now and the replay of the Guineas earlier, I think Quadrilateral doesn't really stay a mile. I know she has won over it and good enough to be 3rd twice at high level, an she's bred to get it, but when asked to pick up today, she just has nothing extra and starts to paddle a bit. Maybe jockey could/should have waited to get round the bend before really asking her, but I think she just looks as if she runs out of petrol in the last half/three quarters of a furlong. Hiding behind the sofa while everyone laughs. :(

I must admit I thought Moore got to dictate the sections to suit himself and that PP had blown his chances at the off so he's done very well to come round the entire field from last place. I thought Buick was quite easy on Pinatubo late in the race. It will be interesting to hear if he says it didn't stay.

Great finish even if DofD just failed to get up. The winner is most progressive and has some backside on him. Nice to see Kevin Scott ride his first winner there. Clearly meant so much to him.

I'd look to drop Pinatubo back in trip, but I'd go up in trip with quadrilateral.

Poor pace (slower than the 3yo in the Coronation), and the Coolmore 'pacesetters' bombed and finished last 2. Suited Pinatubo, but can't ever see him winning a truly run Im Gp1

Last edited:
Ouch Summerghand.

Very unlucky. There were two races and was a clear winner of his. Would probably have won readily if he was on the other side. The chances are the handicapper will only put him up about 5lbs so he should be competitive in either the Stewards' Cup or the Ayr Gold Cup.

Very unlucky. There were two races and was a clear winner of his. Would probably have won readily if he was on the other side. The chances are the handicapper will only put him up about 5lbs so he should be competitive in either the Stewards' Cup or the Ayr Gold Cup.

They will be gutted as certainly one that got away.

Poor pace (slower than the 3yo in the Coronation), and the Coolmore 'pacesetters' bombed and finished last 2. Suited Pinatubo, but can't ever see him winning a truly run Im Gp1

Harsh comments (Weaver) on the ride (Buick) given how the race unfolded.

Siskin/Pinatubo at Goodwood would be tasty.

I was in that camp too, l think both Pinatubo and witchita only barely get a mile drop in trip could see them to better effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in that camp too, l think both Pinatubo and witchita only barely get a mile drop in trip could see them to better effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Precisely, Bald Eagle- Palace Pier does, and quickens, and against much superior opposition than Siskin has managed thus far. Likely improver, too.

Last edited:
I think you have to drop Pinatubo back to 7f. He just doesn't get 8f if there are undulations in the ground. I imagine he will see out the trip well at Goodwood over the mile, but I'd certainly look to drop him back to 7f.

Not quite sure what I'd do with Quadrilateral, step her up to 1m 2f and see how she goes, but she certainly seems to lack the toe for the mile. Obviously Frankel won over 10f a couple of times, but her immediate pedigree suggests she should see a mile out well, but is she maybe not quite as good at 3 as she was at 2.

SR's take on the sectionals for the SJP (Which pretty much confirm my view) though SR (conveniently) skirts around the issue of Pinatubo's stamina.

SR's take on the sectionals for the SJP (Which pretty much confirm my view) though SR (conveniently) skirts around the issue of Pinatubo's stamina.

The sectionals back up the optics of the race. Seems clear to most what type of test he wants.

Back