Royal Ascot 2020

Boom! I took 6s fortunately. I was sweating a bit as I didn’t think the American horse was going to be caught.
(Sorry Marbs!)

Last edited:
This week is just getting better and better for me. Sorry I know I’m in full blown boasty mode but at least I have made them public beforehand!
And I really rate Clive Cox. If he thinks this is one of the best they have ever had, then he’s pretty special.

Last edited:
Great going, jinnyj!

Golden Horde was very impressive, I thought, but less so Kirby in the saddle. I thought he looked desperately out of sync. I was thinking, 'Come on Kirby, get a grip!' :cool:

Yes I’m not sure why he decides bumping up and down in the saddle is a good idea. He’s copying the jump jockeys and it’s not pretty and I really don’t think it’s either beneficial to the horse or particularly good for it (bearing in mind a horses lung size and the fact that they are smacking hard down on the kidneys too). If he was still riding for me, I’d have a word!
That aside what I loved about this horse was the fact he settles so well. He looks like a 5f horse as he’s like a bull but 6f is no problem. Lovely horse.

What on earth were the jockeys of the leaders doing in the Queen's Vase there. I was looking at the sectionals on screen and noticed they were going faster than some of the races earlier in week on better ground! They were never going to get home. I back the Godolphin horse and will be marking him up but not necessarily enough to trouble the fist two. I thought Moore was very good on the winner. Did everything right in terms of pace, position and challenge. He made it look easy.

Looking forward to watching Breathtaking Look tomorrow.

She steps up in class but must be in good health following her second to Oxted the last day.

I have seen much worse 33/1 shots!

Last edited:
I presume Dandalla will be taken out of tomorrow's race but for the moment she's still in it with today's jockey booked and I took 14/1 just in case they decide to run her. If they don't I'll get my money back. If they do she won't be 14/1!

Yes I am hoping she will run a good race thanks.

I've put my 10p win goliath on for tomorrow, costing £24.70p.

Nothing has fallen my way all week. I am assured these yankees are mugs bets that never pay, but I've had one last go with good entertainment and a runner in each race for under £25.

I had to back Khaadem in my goliath as I remember last years Stewards Cup win. I hope Breathtaking Look runs well too.

Its very unlikely but if I get 8 winners all of you will never hear from me again!!!

It's been nice knowing you all, etc.. :)

Last edited:
Khaadem will be my main bet in the race too. Hope your dream bet comes up trumps for you, Marble. You'll be set for life if it does!

Cheers, Maurice.

In truth I would be delighted to get anywhere near to three or even four winners. This would cover my (relatively small) loses over the past four days.

All my horses have their chances (on odds at least). Pinatubo is the shortest at 15/8 (or 7/4) it was I took. Golden Apollo is the biggest price at 16/1.

I feel the former is the most likely to come on for the 2000 Guineas. Based on last season's form anyway. I could be wrong though.

Re- old Golden Apollo.

Well....having touted him as a potentially good horse in his early career I figured I had to bet him. He ended last season on a high. Maybe he will have another big day tomorrow. Here's hoping. :)

Last edited:
Alpine Star 2.35 is on the improve and should relish this stiff test. Bet of the meeting for me. 7/2 Lads.
Magical Wish 12.40 should benefit from the drop in trip, and 22/1 (B365) a generous price.

Last edited:
Final day of what’s been an excellent meeting for me.
Blue Mist also ChiefofChiefs ew and maybe Louie de Palma ew
More Beautiful- really liked this filly. Also Sands of Time ew
Admiral Nelson (in double with above) w also I will look at them in paddock
Quadrilateral I have always liked and she has to come on for the Guineas run. Won’t rule out Sharing either ew
I have to stick with Wichita purely on the physical development from 2 to 3 but I would like to see Arizona come back to form. He was a stunning individual when he won the Coventry last year and many of AOB have needed a run this year.
The fairytale for Skeptical would be great but I’m opposing with Khaadem and Dream of Dreams.
I have backed the fav in multiples but also ew on Spanish City and Lethal Lunch
The Grand Visir

And another Boom! At 33s! And I was on Louie ew at 25s. (Keep faith with Blue Mist, not given hard time when not clear run)

Back