Royal Ascot 2022

I will be delighted if my one Fiach Mchugh could just get a place truth to be told.

This reminds me, and going off at a tangent, can any of the Irish on here tell us the right pronunciation of 'Fiach' (I'm presuming it isn't Scottish Gaelic) and what the English equivalent would be?

It's just the linguist in me being curious (rather than cunning).

Yes I was curious last night so I researched the name meaning and the person Fiach Mchugh was an Irish clan leader who was in opposition to Queen Victoria.

It's 40/1 that he wins the battle today at Royal Ascot!!!

Last edited:
This reminds me, and going off at a tangent, can any of the Irish on here tell us the right pronunciation of 'Fiach' (I'm presuming it isn't Scottish Gaelic) and what the English equivalent would be?
[SUB][/SUB]
It's just the linguist in me being curious (rather than cunning).

"Fee-uck" or maybe "Fwee-uck" for hardcore irish speakers.

Not sure if there is an english equivalent name.

Ive gone with Stradivarius, he has everything in his favour conditions wise

Jimi Hendrix has snuck in the Brittania and is value at 25/1

Maksud to beat the Queens horse in the 5.35, RFTM is overrated imo and this is a terrible race by Royal Ascot standards

GLA

In the first race I've taken a small bet on The Antarctic (9/2 BOG) just for the sake of an interest. Full brother to Battaash running for the right connections. I know Lionel Messi's wee brother was shite at football, but hey...

In the first race I've taken a small bet on The Antarctic (9/2 BOG) just for the sake of an interest. Full brother to Battaash running for the right connections. I know Lionel Messi's wee brother was shite at football, but hey...

All talk and no substance with him so far. Not surprised he's weak in the betting. He doesn't pass the eye test.

My bet of the week is a Stradivarius/Reach For The Moon double -if Stradivarius wins RFTM will be a ridiculous price.

A wee each-way trixie:

Flying Dolphin
Whoputfiftyinyou
Silent Film

First multiple of the week, just for the hell of it.

Last edited:
Here we go again. The FPTP should be disqualified but almost certainly won't.

He'd be chucked out in any other racing jurisdiction. Got to feel for backers of the ones he hampered.

UK stewarding is a joke.

Last edited:
I came within a whisker of backing The Ridler as Freddie Tyliski and Jim McGrath both tipped it ew .doh.

Yes DO should be disqualified.

Watched the replay a couple of times. I reckon the 3 horse would have beaten the winner. He was closing it down again approaching the line. The interference cost it distance and momentum that aggregate to more than distance he was beaten by.

Brave Nation would have won that

The law is an ass, winner should be placed last and Hanagan banned for a month

I came within a whisker of backing The Ridler as Freddie Tyliski and Jim McGrath both tipped it ew .doh.

Yeah same here. I didn't want to be on anything at the head of the market and I was just taken in by the market move on the Clive Cox horse.

I hate complaining and all that but nevermind. The day is young.

I am starting to think when horses are huge prices I need to be more open to backing more than one, as per what DO does with his longshots.

The problem is I am a typical mug lucky 15/31/63 punter and the idea of doing two different yankees I find a funny one.

Each way singles on big prices is the right way of proceeding.

Last edited:
Watched the replay a couple of times. I reckon the 3 horse would have beaten the winner. He was closing it down again approaching the line. The interference cost it distance and momentum that aggregate to more than distance he was beaten by.

Yup.

Back