Royal Ascot 2022

Profits going to charity from bookmakers 1/4 4 places.

Oh fair enough.

It's been one of those weeks for me so far.

I hit the crossbar with Mojo Star.

I wonder if the jockey had waited a few yards longer to come with his run what difference it might have made. He got in front on Kyprios at one stage.

Easy to say in hindsight.

Last edited:
I thought Kyprios could have won by further. Moore was intent on making sure Strad had nowhere to go. Had he gone sooner he'd have won further, imo. A very canny ride by Moore.

Out today in the Buckingham Palace over 7, which makes way more sense than the Hunt Cup would have done. Again, no claimer on so I do wonder if he's off today but he must be I suppose given the stature of the meeting.

Wasn't off. Ralph must have told Hornby to find as much trouble as possible whilst covering more ground than ideal. Either that or the jockey is a useless ****.

Here we go again. The FPTP should be disqualified but almost certainly won't.

He'd be chucked out in any other racing jurisdiction. Got to feel for backers of the ones he hampered.

UK stewarding is a joke.

Hear, hear.

The Stewards called for a review of an incident inside the final ½ furlong involving the winner, THE RIDLER, ridden by Paul Hanagan, CRISPY CAT, placed third, ridden by Silvestre de Sousa, and BRAVE NATION (IRE), placed fourth, ridden by James Doyle. Having considered where the incident took place, the effect of the interference and the distances between the horses involved at the finish the Stewards were satisfied that the interference had not improved the position of the winner, THE RIDLER, and therefore ordered for the weighed-in to be given once the riders had passed the scale. Thereafter an enquiry was held to consider interference approximately ½ furlong out when the winner, THE RIDLER, ridden by Paul Hanagan, interfered with CRISPY CAT, placed third, ridden by Silvestre de Sousa, and BRAVE NATION (IRE), placed fourth, ridden by James Doyle. The Stewards found that Hanagan had allowed his mount to drift left-handed away from the whip, only correcting after the incident had occurred, carrying CRISPY CAT off its intended line, causing de Sousa to take a check, before THE RIDLER continued to drift left-handed, forcing Doyle to take a considerable check off the heels of THE RIDLER. Taking into account that CRISPY CAT could have, in the Stewards’ opinion, finished in second place and the degree of risk for Doyle as a result of the interference, Hanagan was suspended for 10 days.

Well Frankie boy you get a chance to redeem yourself tomorrow.

Win on the best 3 year old filly in training Inspiral 3/1 and all is forgiven

Hada bit too much on so I hope she is 100%

Hear, hear.

The Stewards called for a review of an incident inside the final ½ furlong involving the winner, THE RIDLER, ridden by Paul Hanagan, CRISPY CAT, placed third, ridden by Silvestre de Sousa, and BRAVE NATION (IRE), placed fourth, ridden by James Doyle. Having considered where the incident took place, the effect of the interference and the distances between the horses involved at the finish the Stewards were satisfied that the interference had not improved the position of the winner, THE RIDLER, and therefore ordered for the weighed-in to be given once the riders had passed the scale. Thereafter an enquiry was held to consider interference approximately ½ furlong out when the winner, THE RIDLER, ridden by Paul Hanagan, interfered with CRISPY CAT, placed third, ridden by Silvestre de Sousa, and BRAVE NATION (IRE), placed fourth, ridden by James Doyle. The Stewards found that Hanagan had allowed his mount to drift left-handed away from the whip, only correcting after the incident had occurred, carrying CRISPY CAT off its intended line, causing de Sousa to take a check, before THE RIDLER continued to drift left-handed, forcing Doyle to take a considerable check off the heels of THE RIDLER. Taking into account that CRISPY CAT could have, in the Stewards’ opinion, finished in second place and the degree of risk for Doyle as a result of the interference, Hanagan was suspended for 10 days.

Jockey takes half the field out, gets a 10 day ban - and still keeps the race. wtf?

Wasn't off. Ralph must have told Hornby to find as much trouble as possible whilst covering more ground than ideal. Either that or the jockey is a useless ****.

That's why he didnt put the claimer on Euro,couldnt rely on him not to run well.
I'm now interested with this one for the International.i like your thinking.

Cathy Come Home2.30A
Put this on noted in running thread, recently amd Karl Burke reckons she's not a million miles behind Dramatise in her home work.
16/1 4pl B365

Today was exhausting, felt like a Cheltenham day.

Fri:
Perfect Power I have as the second leg of live doubles with Spinaround (again!) and Golden Voice from last Saturday. It's a tough race obviously but he's a classy sprinter.

Just Fine went into the tracker at York and I took the chance that Gaassee wouldn't run earlier in the week with the weather forecast. Very solid claims, Contact the likely main danger.

Ottoman Fleet has been my NAP of the week for awhile. He did well to win at Newmarket last month over an inadequate trip against a couple of decent rivals (third ran well in the George V) and he's so solid for this given the opposition. I got 9/2 a week or so ago and he should be 5/4. The Ballydoyle horse did nothing in the Derby and this is a quick turnaround.

I'd say at the prices Sterling Knight in the last race is my best bet tomorrow.

A different racehorse this season since the wind operation and looks as if Ed Dunlop has unlocked untapped potential in Sterling Knight. I reckon he runs a massive race here at decent odds of 11/1.

I will have a go at Morgan Fairy in the 5.00. She's with a top class trainer and has done enough to suggest there is a lot more to come especially now back on turf.

Last edited:
Inspiral Coronation Stakes 9/4 - was the tops last year and should see these off if she’s made normal progress. Market should show if it’s a big IF too far.

Zanbaq Sandringham 10/1 - retained by Shadwell, re-appeared in Class1 Listed at Goodwood and ran ok, but not good enough to take up Coronation Stakes entry and gone for a handicap debut in this instead.

Last edited:
SYDNEYARMS CHELSEA 230 16/1

Buick /c.hills BJ what do you think?

Won pretty convincingly with Buick up who must have been pretty impressed to take the ride this time. Trouble is that most of them are hiding their light under a bushel :)

Sandrine 4.20
Held up when unsure about trip in Guineas; tanked a bit & drawn wide of the pace, she finished well to be 2.75l behind Cachet.
Better drawn & ridden more positively today she's more than a chance of making up that leeway, and it's hard to see her not in the first 3.
12/1 B365

Coming back to the 2.30.

Did the "stewards" take the easy option?

If they had disqualified the winner who would they have given the race to?

Obviously the result was affected by The Ridler taking out half the field but it is , in my opinion, impossible to say which horse would have won.

Perhaps void the race return entry fees, what have you? Is there a precedent for this?

Can't void the race over 1 horse Colin.........I think the rules should be amended and when an incident/move is downright dangerous and robs another horse of a place may it be 1234 whatever the horse should be placed last.

It looked very likely Brave Nation would have finished 2nd.. so that move could have cost his owner 18k for starter
then sometime in the future when breeding/selling he would not have that 2nd on his resume.

Let alone the punters who backed Brave Nation to be placed 1st 3

The fact Hanagan made absolutely no effort to stop the horse drifting
keeping his whip in his right hand just emphasis the fact the horse should have been thrown out

Instead Hangan get's a 10 day ban and the owner who let him ride gets richer.

Last edited:
How would you resolve the situation, Fist?

In my opinion, it's impossible to say which horse would have finished second if it assumed that The Ridler would have won if he had krpt running in a straight line.

Tbh, I backed 2 e.w. in the race - Thunder Moon, the first one taken out by the winner, and had a good chance until that point, and Brave Nation, whose chance was more obvious.
The finishing order is secondary to the offence, imo, and I was particulary aggrieved that the winner kept the race, won through foul play, which was neither fair nor sporting.
The steward's action didn't fix anything,and that's what needs addressing in our branch of sport,imho.

Back