Royal Ascot 2024

Like First Look in the Hampton Court {5/1).
Hada wide trip in the French Derby,and did well to make up ground.
Will enjoy the strong pace and fast ground. Well drawn and the Doyler's choice from a number of possibles,looks good to me.

I had a decent bet on Ramatuelle at 6s ante post for the Coronation tomorrow. Her price is slowly crumbling. I'm not the only one who fancies her. I've beat the price so hoping for the best.

This Kings Gambit is surely a ridiculous price in the Hampton Court ?
Jayarebe maybe one of the few who will relish the quick ground.
I'm backing him to cause a minor upset.

Couple today in the ultra competitive 3yo handicaps...Poniros in the KGV and Involvement in the Britannia. Both prices I took on decs have so far held up which is nice. Also done a Kalpana/Gregory ew double, both favs in those races look too short.

I'm looking forward to the racing again but not really the punting. I haven't been able to go through the form as I'd normally do but it's Ascot so I can't not get involved!

Anyway, the Orchid blunt pin has landed on:

3.05 - French Duke
3.45 - Port Fairy
4.25 - Trawlerman
5.05 - nothing yet
5.40 - Portland
6.15 - Alzahir

Good luck one and all.

Well I’m not going to top yesterday but here goes....

Race 1
Watched Whistlejacket win and really like him. Shareholder went into my tracker winning at Beverley and he did well for a newcomer, slowly away. He’s clearly got ability but Moving Force does now get a level playing field at the weights so it’s a conundrum! My eye is slightly drawn to Saturday Flirt who’s a decent ew price considering her connections. She won over 5.5f rather than the typical 4.5f that the Ward speedballs seem to be, so she could last better. Yesterday’s was disappointing but was too stressy at the start.

Race 2
Chantilly I liked in the LGC and can see him improving for trip. Autumn Winter and Gallantly are out of two very good US families and are nice ew prices as well. And I like Gilded Water too.

Race 3
Couldn’t help but be impressed by Diamond Rain while I think Port Fairy will enjoy this track better than Chester and Danielle’s breeding is nice and she will stay.

Race 4
I’m hoping Kyprios will come back to his very top form (can’t remember what his problem was?) and his two come back runs were over inadequate trips. Trawlerman obviously beat him here in October but I think Kyp excels over marathon trip. Vauban I’m not sure stays...that sounds daft as he’s a hurdler but for me, he’d need to be a 3 mile hurdler (that said he won a Triumph and they often stay a lot further). Never rule out Mullins but....

Race 5
I too have Starlore in my tracker but I’d also still fancy Qirat from the same race. Spencer on anything on the straight mile goes straight in so Blue Lemons is there. And I’ve a little hunch on Cogitate and Monkey Island as being unexposed types.

Race 6
The world and his wife say Kings Gambit is a good thing. So I’ve opposed with Portland (tough and hardy type) and also Al Musmak who was strongly fancied for Dante but ran no race. Trainer has stated his bloods were wrong so I’m hoping he’s bang there. First Look is best on paper but wondering if a tough race 18 days ago may be too much?

Race 7
Another pin job
Although English Oak is a solid favourite. Fresh is well handicapped and loves this course, Dark Thirty is a cliff horse so he goes in.

Happy punting guys!

2.30. Tropical storm e.way 16/1.

3.05 Assailant 20/1 e.way.
3.45 port fairy 14/1 e.way.
4.25 prwyden 66,s e.way.
5.05 Mickley win.8/1 blue lemons e.way 40/1
5.40 first look 11/2 win.
6.15 divine libre win 10/1 ,Mr professor 40/1 e.way, and taccrib Bay e.way 33/1.

2.30. Tropical storm e.way 16/1.

3.05 Assailant 20/1 e.way.
3.45 port fairy 14/1 e.way.
4.25 prwyden 66,s e.way.
5.05 Mickley win.8/1 blue lemons e.way 40/1
5.40 first look 11/2 win.
6.15 divine libre win 10/1 ,Mr professor 40/1 e.way, and taccrib Bay e.way 33/1.
Thought had the winner there.close but no cigar,tropical storm ouch.

That’s better for me. Good ride by Ryan there. And brave from the filly as she really ground it out.

3.45 - Port Fairy

Got 14s this morning so that has brought me back close to break-even for the week.

I could do with another winner or two but I've also got the winner on an ew double with Portland and I'm quite hopeful of that one. I imagine they'll try and tempt me to cash out.

Got 14s this morning so that has brought me back close to break-even for the week.

I could do with another winner or two but I've also got the winner on an ew double with Portland and I'm quite hopeful of that one. I imagine they'll try and tempt me to cash out.
Good luck sir!

This Gregory is absolutely shot through with staying blood. I'll have to take an Ew interest at 7/1 here.

I did the sensible option with a forecast.... 😎

Cracking race though and what else can you add to the training and riding? To get him back from a joint infection which many horses do not survive (one of mine included)

Back