Royal Ascot

Little Bridge wins the Kings Stand. He's a top class sprinter who's improved and improved, will go on the ground and has taken Bated Breath before in Sha Tin.

Aye, both of them behind Joy And Fun, who was since skinned by Ortensia in Dubai.
Sole Power was also comfortably held, and unlucky not to beat Bated Breath subsequently.
11/2 the Oz horse will do nicely.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on Frankel win distance? 10/11 greater than 4 appeals..
It may not last but Ladbrokes tweeted offer this morning holds a bit of value.

"Ladbrokes ‏@LadbrokesNews
We're trying to hold it! Frankel/Black Caviar double now at EVENS via mobile only! £25 max stake: http://ow.ly/bDUy9 #GetOnQuick
"

(Could be played as effectively an Evens about Frankel (Betfair 1.18) to then lay off on BC ( 1.31) on Saturday.

I’ll definitely be on course tomorrow and Thursday, more if I can manage it. Look forward to seeing the usual faces on route from paddock to stand... be lucky!

Tomorrow's cards look excellent. Star quality in the Queen Anne, and real depth in the King's Stand, Coventry and St James' Palace Stakes.

Unfortunately I won't see any races...I usually take a half day for this day's racing.

Actually it looks like a great day of sport, with the England Ukraine game on that evening.

I am a Power fan, but he is too short for that race tomorrow...even throwing out the dead wood, there are still a half dozen horses in with a real shout.

I was pretty impressed with Lines of Battle and Sir Prancealot the last time they ran, but it is a really tough race. I was hoping for a nice price on The Taj, and 16/1 is just about acceptable.

I will be having a speculative tickle on Joy and Fun and Stone of Folca in the sprint.

Should be an exciting week.

Got my eye on Wizz Kid in King’s Stand: Dual Group 2 winner, goes on soft and just about top-rated on RPRs... must go close. 6/1 is fair enough reflection I’d say.

I’ve opposed Black Caviar (who I consider the least likely to oblige of the odds-on chances this week) with three at double-digit odds. I like the Deauville form for Moonlight Cloud/Society Rock (Bated Breath was the other I had backed).

Pretty confident about Fame And Glory on Thursday (backed earlier in the season). Saddler’s Rock perhaps rates the main danger to the favourite. The other negative CD horses Colour Vision, Opinion Poll and Ibicenco nominated to fight out the remaining place.

Last edited:
I want to be with something who likes to be up there in the King Stand, and am happy to discount hold up horses such as Wizz Kid and Sole Power on the grounds that I don't think they'll pick up on ground with soft in the going description.

I'm quite sweet on Tangerine Trees who I think could have most of this field off the bridle a furlong or two out with his front running style.

Last edited:
I’m against Bated Breath in the Kings Stand but not sure who to oppose him with...perhaps a few outsiders - Hamish McGonagall / Prohibit / Margot Did

Would love Born to Sea to win the St James Palace and am backing 2 in the Coventry – Englishman and the Hannon 3rd string Olympic Glory, as loved the way he did it at Goodwood and will like the ground

Reckon Strong Suit is ready to rock and roll in the opener. On a better surface he'd go very well. Place bet only of course.

Strong Suit would really struggle to stay a mile on that ground on a course like Ascot.

- He was pulled out of the Lockinge because of the soft ground.
- His connections have spoken about sprinting more than once.

I would consider backing him for a boil over if he lined up in the Sussex on fast ground.

Strong Suit would really struggle to stay a mile on that ground on a course like Ascot.

- He was pulled out of the Lockinge because of the soft ground.
- His connections have spoken about sprinting more than once.

I would consider backing him for a boil over if he lined up in the Sussex on fast ground.

Agree - he wouldn't stay the Ascot mile on a motorbike, and at the pace this is likely to be run at, even a place is a forlorn hope.

Read it again - I'm only having one bet on her...probably have about 10 other bets:rolleyes:

Youl back her win, w/o some rag, place, insurebet 2 places, 3 places....in a rev f/c and a tricast most probably.

Placepot
Quadpot
Jackpot
Doubles
Trebles
Yankees
Lucky 15
Lucky 31
Lucky 63
etc
etc
etc