Royal Ascot

But if they're bullish he'd be 9/4.

I want to bet based on form, not on guessing games with the stable. Were any of them upfront and confident about Homecoming Queen or Was?

No, but they didn't know what they had with either - they do with Power. I don't disagree, and will perhaps have a small bet on him.

Power is now backable in that race. 5/1 @ Hills.

Thats a special offer which was restricted... anyone who got some of it have a decent chance. It's a poor renewal and I am going to take a chance with Dragon Pulse ew at 12/1. I didnt see the French Guineas and dont know how much he was inconvenienced by the mess of a race it turned out to be so I will blindly forgive him that and he is a sporting interest bet at those prices. Dawn Approach is already battle hardened and trades the ridged 6f at Naas for the perfectly manicured stiff 6F of Ascot. He sets the standard and is a fair bet in this. Ostensia if handling the ground seems the one in the Kings Stand.

Having done remarkably well backing Tangerine Trees and promoting on here will be have a pop ew if I can get some money on from here in Sicily. Acts on a range of going but I thing G/S is ideal

Under 42 Lengths 13/8

Between 42 and 54 Lengths Inclusive 13/8

Over 54 Lengths 7/4

Under 270 7/4

Between 270 and 300 inclusive 7/4

Over 300 7/4

Did anyone have a look at the aggregate winning distance's and favourites index.

Im away to Portugal so Im thinking a double for the interest would suit me as Im not sure how much access to the bookies I'll have.

Having done remarkably well backing Tangerine Trees and promoting on here will be have a pop ew if I can get some money on from here in Sicily. Acts on a range of going but I thing G/S is ideal

I was thinking of going in August (I know). Could you pm me thoughts when you are back if you don't mind. Thanks.

Worthadd at 12s in the w/o market looks value. He should beat Side Glance in this ground and with no weight given, and the non staying Strong Suit. You wouldn't fancy him to beat Excelebration but you just wonder will they try something different with that one to try and beat Frankel, which could mean him not running his race. Regardless, hard to see Worthadd out of the first 3 in the w/o market, and 12s at 1/4 odds is a very nice bet.

Amen to that. you're almost guaranteed to get a great run for your money from the front. Hopefully he has most of the field off the bridle a long way out...

Last edited:
If Pay Freeze was trained by Hannon or O'Brien he'd be 11/4, not 11/2. That York performance was epic. He's a solid bet for me at that price, there's some total crap in behind.

I think the Irish and UK Guineas were very average and whilst the French was crap too, Lucayan does have a reasonably progressive profile and the race hasn't totally proved it was shite yet, 12s is fair I think. Cogito is the other one I like, long been well regarded and I think he's progressing nicely, whilst I take Euro's point about this being full of Group 3 animals, Power aside, the rest have hardly proved themselves as being anything but that themselves so there's an angle which says it's worth taking a chance with the likes of Cogito to improve again at prices around 20/1. Same applies to The Nile but the price has gone a bit. I wouldn't back Most Improved at 50s.

I cannot understand how Little Bridge isn't favourite, he's right up there on RPRs and has shown himself better than ever in recent starts and has beat Bated Breath, he's a staggering price at 12s, it's an absolute gift and he's my bet of the week. I took 16s antepost and I will be topping up, especially as some firms are 1/3 odds or 4 places.

Night Carnation is interesting at 50s, if she regains her sparkle, her form with Deacon Blues is enough to see her sneaking in the frame. The ground is drying out for her and I spoke to someone at Windsor last night who walked it yesterday and he said it was already good. I expect her to run a creditable 6th or 7th!

Does anyone give Premio Loco a chance in the without market? I think there is a chance of him running a right good race.

Alex Hammond has napped Born To Sea Old Vic which probably not only will be the biggest priced selection she has ever put up but also it's likely to jinx the poor beast.

Hope for your sake I am wrong and she manages to tip a rare winner.

You are not wrong there, she is one of the best when it comes to getting favourites beaten.

Does anyone give Premio Loco a chance in the without market? I think there is a chance of him running a right good race.

If I was forced to play in the race, he'd be my one. 66/1 EW a 1/4 odds is a good bet. ;)

Ran two nice races this year and never faced Frankel! Won his only start at Ascot too.

It appears that the ground is genuine good ground according to reports. I have a serious liking for Sole Power, but he does need good or better ground. Will it be that much of a hinderance today?

Colin
The logic is as follows:
I know the winners of the first 2 today so not necessary to go.
Tomorrow will pay for the holiday.
And I'm aiming to go to the rest of the meeting.

There may be some flaws in my thinking- but seeing as I had to cut a deal with the wife in order to get the last three days racing then I have to go with it.

Hamm. Yes. and the PM will say yes as well!

Last edited:
Not got a strong view on anything today so I will be having a speculative few quid on a few at big prices.

I like Joy and Fun in the Kings stand. Has the form in the book to win what is an average looking race and overseas raiders have won 6 of the last 10 renewals. At the prices he has a good e/w chance.

I also like Indian Jade in the Coventry. Kevin Ryan has a good record with his juveniles and I thought this horse beat New Pearl comfortably yet that one is 22's and Indian Jade is 33's (65 to back on bf). Looks a forward and professional 2yo and I can see him running into a place at a massive price.

Only small change today though.

"One Tester is particularly looking forward to is Ahern (Norfolk Stakes). He reckons this one might have slipped under most punters' radar."

It made me smile because I think it's been picked up on every forum I visit.

I agree about Worthadd ew without the fav.
It's a meeting I am very wary of and certainly won't be playing every race.Today I also like Dawn Approach and Scots Gaelic at a big price in the long distance handicap.
Carlton House is my nap of the week tomorrow.

It appears that the ground is genuine good ground according to reports. I have a serious liking for Sole Power, but he does need good or better ground. Will it be that much of a hinderance today?

if someone can post the first race time i will have a go at estimating the ground

Back