Royal Ascot

Euro, good stuff, we are back in business.

Lemaire has been a negative for quite a while, and people went over the top in the first place about him.

Worrying alright about the Ballydoyle horses. I had MT as second best.

Last edited:
Thanks lads. Only reason I went for it was because I did loads of anaylisis last night basically on looking at the field sizes the horses had been running in. His win here two years ago read well.

I've won a few bob and now got a bit more going on Mulaqen in the next to end the meeting off:)

Got told I don't have throat cancer yesterday but cheering that I think I might have now!:)

Last edited:
Thanks lads. Only reason I went for it was because I did loads of anaylisis last night basically on looking at the field sizes the horses had been running in. His win here two years ago read well.

I've won a few bob and now got a bit more going on Mulaqen in the next to end the meeting off:)

Got told I don't have throat cancer yesterday but cheering that I think I might have now!:)

bloody hell Marble...you must be one relieved man..pleased for you on all counts:cool:

Does anyone (EC1?) have a list of speed figures for Royal Ascot? I see Angus McNae published his figures on his RUK blog yesterday, but I was a little suspicious of one particular aspect of them, so wanted an independent set to compare them with.

Does anyone (EC1?) have a list of speed figures for Royal Ascot? I see Angus McNae published his figures on his RUK blog yesterday, but I was a little suspicious of one particular aspect of them, so wanted an independent set to compare them with.

i've only done Tuesday's Rory..the rain on other days during racing put me off a bit afterwards..i'll probably do the rest now i've got the weekender..DO may have them..which day are you after?..i'll knock some up later for the odd day

Congrats on Dandy Man - Marble -- never saw it or much of Royal Ascot tbh but at 33/1 it definitely deserves a belated well done sir. :adore:

Cheers Chef. After 4 days of losing I decided to apply myself a different way and thought I'd look at the field sizes that the runners for the Wokingham had been running in prior to the race, and was obviously looking for an indication they would run well in such a huge field. For some reason it worked. My best ever winner at a meeting that I've found so hard in the past. Even when the jollys have won I've managed to lose.

Oh and of course, his second at the Curragh in a 17 runner 20K race prior to this read well. The fact he went off so big here was purely because of the nature of the race and not necessarily his ability as a horse.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
i've only done Tuesday's Rory..the rain on other days during racing put me off a bit afterwards..i'll probably do the rest now i've got the weekender..DO may have them..which day are you after?..i'll knock some up later for the odd day

Any day is fine - just want to see a set of independent figures for each of the winners for a comparison. I'll let you know if I see an unusual pattern!

I've done some time ratings for each of the days but mine are based on different standards so may not be of any use.

I've actually done two sets: one using my own (ie the original) standards and another using the current standards. I sometimes do that kind of thing out of curiosity.

The other thing that isn't clear from the form book is whether the increases in distances covered arising from the re-positioning of rails on bends is accounted for in stating how the race time compares with standard. I make an arithmetical adjustment to the standard times to allow for the extra distance. It won't be 100% accurate but it will be a lot more accurate than not making any adjustment.

What I did notice is that the current straight mile standard is now - it wasn't always - exactly what it is on the standards I use.

Back