Royal Ascot

Perfect example of collective stupidity.

Moore said it after the race: '...they were going so slow...' yet so many were being pulled back from the midfield back. Only four or five of that field were given any chance of winning and they made it very easy for Moore. At least for once Spencer wasn't one of them.

What are the rules/conventions/whatever regarding advertising on silks at this meeting?

I noticed only one or two in the later races during the week but instead of the normal 50%+ of a field of jockeys wearing adverts of some sort as far as I can see the first two winners today have been the only ones to do so.

Last edited:
Oh well. I wonder if they'll retire Ektihaam now.

It will be interesting to see the videos of those two 12f races in sync.

Last edited:
I was on Ektihaam last year when he fell. Can't help feeling that has done some damage psychologically because he aint the same animal

Already have a small possie on Astaire and have topped up this morning. 10/1 is very fair although Slade Power is respected. I think Aljamaheer might be the worst odds of the week.

Back on a fast surface Telescope is worth a go at 5/2. Even though he has been a shade disappointing on soft ground the actual form of those races with Noble Mission has worked out well.

Good stuff :)

I was on Ektihaam last year when he fell. Can't help feeling that has done some damage psychologically because he aint the same animal

That was always possible, Euro. Now it looks almost certain.

I don't think he could have beaten Telescope on the winner's show today anyway. I wasn't convinced Telescope had that kind of performance in his locker. I thought he and Hillstar would be pretty much next to each other. There was only 5lbs between the entire field on ORs.

the sectionals of both 12f races are interesting...Arab Spring's race they went 2 seconds slower for the first 9f...but with the weight that AS carried he has only run 5lb below Telescope on speed figures on overall times...quiet incredible

its fair to say Telescopes race was truly run...AS must be some animal..he would be very interesting in the KG too

Last edited:
Diamond Jubilee is tough but I think Slade Powers price is a bit skinny and I want to be against him.

Darwin back on quick ground should out run his odds and Gordon Lord Byron is also too big. Backed them both each way.

Back