Scottish Independence.....

Clackmannanshire = Basildon 1983?

Clack was on of the bookies most winnable targets according to the bookies for the Yes campaign

Game Over? Did they have to win that to stand a chance?

Last edited:
Don't kid yourself, Frankel.

He's like a dog with a bone.

Today is the start of the road to the next referendum.

Some worrying results along the way with some of the big Labour heartlands voting Yes.

Don't kid yourself, Frankel.

He's like a dog with a bone.

Today is the start of the road to the next referendum.

Some worrying results along the way with some of the big Labour heartlands voting Yes.

I'm fully aware he's a turd not for flushing.

I hope the people of the rest of the UK will take on board what has been happening up here lately.

An 85% turnout is sensational. Imagine what that kind of turnout by those disaffected by recent governments could do at the next general election.

Big words from Cameron this morning regarding the rest of the UK. He needs to be made to deliver on them.

What they need to do is give less money to Scotland, not more. I hope the Tory backbenchers rebel.

I prefer to see money going to Scotland rather than giving it as "Aid" to corrupt foreign regimes or (indirectly) into the Swiss bank accounts of African dictators.
I don't see a problem with extra funding for Scotland; the money is staying in the greater U.K. as a whole, and will benefit/stimulate the overall economy both locally and nationally.

too true

they will want a referendum until they win it

it is so disappointing so many people voting yes,
what a mix of naive, absurd and ignorant people,

You can't expect 16 year olds to know any better - I have a 15 year old daughter and while she has her head fairly well screwed on most of her peers appear to be completely brainless.

I'd be interested to see some stats on the voting split along sectarian lines too.

it is so disappointing so many people voting yes,
what a mix of naive, absurd and ignorant people,

Not really, suny.

The Yes vote won in those areas of Scotland with the highest levels of poverty.

For them and for large numbers in other areas it was a cry for help.

I'd be interested to see some stats on the voting split along sectarian lines too.

It shouldn't really matter but as mentioned elsewhere not many other 'causes' would bring together Catholics and the Orange Order. That says it all really about the failings of the UK government.

And let's not forget, you can be Jewish, Muslim, etc and still be Prime Minister of the UK but you can't be a Catholic. (But I suppose that's a debate for a different thread.)

Boris johnsom is a catholic. No one mentioned it to him?

There have been some strange facts on this thread

I think constitutionally it is allowed Blair put off his conversion until after that on account of possible difficulties. I think the situation may be true of Jews too. I was thinking about Disraeli being Jewish but I might be wrong about that.

Presumably it has something to do with the queen's position as head of the Church of England.

The 'Muslim etc' part of the remark was just by way of shitstirring.

Last edited:
Disreali was most certainlyj ewish. And as an aside much loved by queen victoria.There is no bar whatsoever.

No one has ever brought this up as a potential issue with johnson or I am sure a few others too

Down here no one cares

Last edited:
Back