Sea The Stars - Retirement Announced

It seems that being comfortably turned over by STS means a G1 win will follow - Fame and Glory, Conduit, RVW ....

I would be disappointed if Mastercraftsman got STS anyway near stretched . I cannot see him beating him . The worry is the ground at York.

Not a bad picture at all for an amateur - he's pretty good. He has postedup some other very good photos as well. Once the likes of Selwyn are photoshopped out of the background, they'll be very good! :lol:

Last edited:
It takes a fine horsey picture indeed that can replace Lindsay Lohan in a gold bikini lying on a sun lounger as one's desktop wallpaper.

Whats the weather been like in the York area anyone? First official going report is due to be released tomorrow.

Whats the weather been like in the York area anyone? First official going report is due to be released tomorrow.

Dry over the weekend but although I have been away I understand that Yorkshire has been pretty soggy over the last couple of weeks.

We have had some heavy showers over the last couple of weeks but its been warm and (sometimes) sunny in between those showers.

It is raining this morning. Feels like last year all over again.

Good (GoingStick: 7.5 on Monday at 11:00) Rainfall: Monday 10 August - 1.2mm following dry and sunny weekend. No irrigation applied. Current: cloudy and overcast. Clearing to be dry during balance of Monday 10 August. Tuesday 11 August - dry, sunny and bright. Wednesday 12 August: overnight rain and drizzle clearing to brighten later. Thursday 13 August: dry, sunny and bright. Frontal system building on Friday and for weekend - possibility of heavy showers/rain. Outlook for start of Ebor week: dry with sunny periods on Monday and Tuesday.

I'll give him the benefit of thinking that there's other horses in the race, but even so I'm not sure you'd want to be laying the front 3 to 92.5% would you?

Yeh pretty wrong as you'd be looking at 40-1 bar them three to get 100% book lol, my bad players.

Is Mastercraftsman certain to get 10 furlongs? I think he is Ballydoyle's best chance of beating him over 10 furlongs this year but he will need to get every inch of it if he is to have any chance....because his best chance is trying to make it a battle with STS, easier said that done though!

Is Mastercraftsman certain to get 10 furlongs? I think he is Ballydoyle's best chance of beating him over 10 furlongs this year but he will need to get every inch of it if he is to have any chance....because his best chance is trying to make it a battle with STS, easier said that done though!

I think Mastercraftsman will get 10f, but whether he'll be good enough is another matter. I think it is between these two, I just can't see Tartan Bearer causing an upset.

I'd be very interested in hearing our pedigree expert's verdict on Mastercraftsman's prospects of getting the trip.

As cautious as I am with collateral form, I don't think it's unreasonable to use Delegator as a yardstick when assesing what both have achieved so far over a mile. On form over a mile alone, Mastercraftsman has a few pounds to find, and that's not even taking into account the fact that Sea The Stars improved again in the Eclipse.

That said, I would be fairly confident Mastercraftsman will get the trip and probably improve for it; he strikes me as the type of horse to go on improving throughout the year as well (reminds me of Oratorio in a way). Goes without saying that he'll have to if he is to get near the Oxx horse.

Again, hadn't seen the last page before posting! Even 4/7 is very generous Bar, I'd have a load of that. I'd be thinking of something more like 2/5, 7/2, 8/1.

Back