Lucifer Sam (USA) 3.cA. P. O'Brien, Ireland
Minneapolis 3.cA. P. O'Brien, Ireland
One Great Cat (USA) 3.cA. P. O'Brien, Ireland
Paco Boy (IRE) 3.cR. Hannon
Raven's Pass (USA) 3.cJ. H. M. Gosden
Rio de La Plata (USA) 3.cSaeed bin Suroor
Stubbs Art (IRE) 3.cD. R. C. Elsworth
Twice Over 3.c H. R. A. Cecil

Hmmmm - interesting! A few 'dark horses' in there...
Looking forward especially to Raven's Pass and Twice Over, hope they both make it

They were probably hoping Henry.. wouldn`t be aimed at the race. In which case it would have been a relatively easy Group 1.

Stubbs Art is a mad price again - 25/1 available when he's only been beaten this season by Henrythenavigator and New Approach so far?

I also think the 50/1 about Il Warrd could prove to be a shade too big.

I like Il Warrd, but think the best he can aim for this year is to steal a group 2/3 from the front with a Frankie-from-France type ride.

Each way stealing the order of the day .. on g/f, I'd invest heavily in Raven's Pass E/W, and hope that Gosden has made it clear to Fortune not to give the leaders 15 lengths.

Originally posted by Andrew Hurley@Jun 11 2008, 03:49 PM
I like Il Warrd, but think the best he can aim for this year is to steal a group 2/3 from the front with a Frankie-from-France type ride.

Each way stealing the order of the day .. on g/f, I'd invest heavily in Raven's Pass E/W, and hope that Gosden has made it clear to Fortune not to give the leaders 15 lengths.
Henry could give them 15 lengths start and still win this. Ascot is an ideal track for him.

I think you're probably right AH, but at 50/1 in such a race he's worth an ew nibble as he could well be capable of running into a place and surprising a few.

The Sid James group outfit have just gone up with 66/1 - nice!

You've gotta love this lot of bookies - Skybet would lay me a max tenner ew on Stubbs Art, PP a max £12 odd ew on Il Warrd! I've managed to get a little more on each through other ways and means - mind you the prize of the day for pickiness goes to Bet£3.65. On asking for a small bet on Silver Suitor in the Gold Cup @ 66/1 - £15 ew, it makes it nice and neat - they restricted me to £11.36 max ew. That's even more impressive when you bear in mind that they don't use an automatic bet rejection/risk management programme; anything you ask for goes through to the traders so they can say yay or nay. I'd love to meet the picky bugger who said "no, she can't have £15 ew, she can only have £11.36 ew" ~ that extra £3.64 ew must make a massive difference to their fieldbook! :laughing: Btw, just watch 'em cut the price on that on the back of my £11.36 - that's their usual MO :laughing: :laughing:

Paying the price for that big one at Cheltenham :P

Any post-Derby news on River Proud? Can´t believe he ran his race in the Craven and the way he was messed about and still finished like a train in France, he´d be the one for me (but he´s not entered)

They've been like that for years, Martin - and I honestly cannot remember the last time I had a horse racing bet with Bet£3.65 - possibly last year, and even then I won't have had a dozen bets with them last year for the reason that they won't lay me a bet, then they slash the price of whatever it is I try to back!

Martin, Martin - you're on dodgy ground hoping that a Cole inmate makes it through to the end of their 3yo career unscathed - well, sane, retaining ability and not sour at least!

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Jun 11 2008, 05:29 PM
They've been like that for years, Martin - and I honestly cannot remember the last time I had a horse racing bet with Bet£3.65 - possibly last year, and even then I won't have had a dozen bets with them last year for the reason that they won't lay me a bet, then they slash the price of whatever it is I try to back!

I'm Joe Blogs the bookie and have a bunch of betting records on Shadow Leader, these records tell me she is a winner and that i should not to lay her bets as it will reduce my profit margin somewhat

If you can, avoid betting online - Past Performances are not only useful for analysing horse races

Is Silver Suitor going for the Gold Cup then Shadow Leader? Be a shame if he leaves the Northumberland Plate behind there. I really like him for that.

I don't know, DJ - I thought he was an interesting contender at that price though and it's just like Elsie to go for something like this race.

Charlie - thanks for the tip, but I know a little about how bookmakers trade having done it myself for long enough!! :D In this case, if you looked at my figures I'm sure they wouldn't look that impressive - they'd be winning I'm sure, but not hugely.

Thinking about it, the weights are already out for the Northumberland Plate so he won't do his mark any harm unless he wins, and you'd fancy him with a penalty if he's toppled Yeats and Coastal Path!

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Jun 11 2008, 05:42 PM

Charlie - thanks for the tip, but I know a little about how bookmakers trade having done it myself for long enough
It seems you've not learnt from that experience though doesn't it

People who moan about being restricted have only themselves to blame imo, as it is they who provide ALL the info bookmakers need

taking thread well of topic here, so i'll shut up

All the best

Originally posted by Charlie D@Jun 11 2008, 06:53 PM
It seems you've not learnt from that experience though doesn't it

People who moan about being restricted have only themselves to blame imo, as it is they who provide ALL the info bookmakers need
Charlie,

how exactly is Shadow Leader to "learn from her experience"? Bomb the headquarters of Bet365??

I have no time for punters who complain about not being able to get more that a pony on a snide each way double, but apparently shrewd bookmakers refusing bets on Group 1 races from modest enough punters like SL brings bookmaking into disrepute. She's betting solely on her opinion for chrissakes ~ Bet365 are nothing but a bunch of utter, utter, utter (need I go on?) c@nts.

edit: actually I see you point ~ she should bomb the b@stards

She could of course open a new bank account each time she has a winner. At this time, sufficient information has been passed along to our bookmaking chums and she should immediately withdraw all funds, close the account, cut the card into very small pieces and eat them, then move house just to be on the safe side.

That'll stop the fuckers compiling information on her!

Oh, and change her name by deed poll.

Back