St James Palace

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Jun 17 2008, 09:34 AM
Between Henry and Stubbs for me, the ground, course and pace will suit the later and I don't think there will be alot between them at the line, but I can't see a different possible forecast.
On what basis will there not be alot between them? I think Stubbs Art has a good place chance as well but Henry has hacked over him twice nice and if SA is his only danger it will be an easy victory.

Originally posted by Desert Orchid@Jun 16 2008, 07:50 PM
Having said that, I've backed Stubbs Art at 7/1 EW without Henry. Cracking value!
A bit late perhaps but you can can 10/1 E/W 1/4 1,2,3 with Totesport and Corals without Henry.

Originally posted by Galileo+Jun 17 2008, 08:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Galileo @ Jun 17 2008, 08:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chrisbeekracing@Jun 17 2008, 09:34 AM
Between Henry and Stubbs for me, the ground, course and pace will suit the later and I don't think there will be alot between them at the line, but I can't see a different possible forecast.
On what basis will there not be alot between them? I think Stubbs Art has a good place chance as well but Henry has hacked over him twice nice and if SA is his only danger it will be an easy victory. [/b][/quote]
On the following basis;

At Newmarket he was a little too keen early refusing to settle, and also lost his stride for 4 or 5 paces as they came out the dip. He was staying on nicely at the death.

His work had improved prior to The Curragh, however the modest gallop saw him a little too free and he was unable to get cover. If anything 2f out I would have said Stubbs Art was actually travelling best of the trio but he just stays and the lack of a turn of foot off a slow pace found him out.

Today on a stiff mile he will get the strong gallop he needs and he will be dropped out today and can cruise throught this pack and mount a serious gallop to the hotpot. You will see a much different Stubbs Art to the one who has been 3rd in two guineas, that is no discredit to Henry but there will not be more than a length or so between them today. I actually think Stubbs Art will win.

Stubbs Art had the benefit of a run before Newmarket and he still got hammered by a Henry that many observers in the paddock thought looked in need of the run.

I am amazed to hear you think SA travelled better than Henry at The Curragh, the race was over at the three furlong marker Henry was traveling that well.

You might be right about the length or two between them, but I imagine Murtagh will have the arms being pulled off him the horse will be going that easily.

The idea that a stiffer test of stamina (not that much stiffer to the Curragh) will find out a horse like Henry who will more than likely be running over 10 furlongs (which he is bred to get) by the end of the season does not add up.

Henry needs to run below form for SA to get near him.

Originally posted by betsmate@Jun 17 2008, 11:29 AM
Rio De La Plata is a non-runner on account of the ground.
Crazy. I thought him better on top of the ground?

Does Frankie switch?

Corals taking on Henrythenavigator. TDK really does like to get stuck into these Group 1 favs.

Originally posted by betsmate+Jun 17 2008, 10:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (betsmate @ Jun 17 2008, 10:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Desert Orchid@Jun 16 2008, 07:50 PM
Having said that, I've backed Stubbs Art at 7/1 EW without Henry. Cracking value!
A bit late perhaps but you can can 10/1 E/W 1/4 1,2,3 with Totesport and Corals without Henry. [/b][/quote]
This is precisely the scenario that got me stung at that other bookie's.

With RDLP out, I don't think they'll go 3 places.

I checked with the bookmaker with whom I backe SA last night and they've confirmed the bet will stand to three places but there will be a 15% R4.

On the phone as I type...

I phoned to double-check in case the chap on the other end and I had our wires crossed and the woman now says it's only two places as well as the R4 :eek: :suspect: shrug:: . I asked if I could void the bet and she said no. When I told her what I was told a few minutes ago she said she'd check with the other guy.

Caveat puntor?

(5 minutes later, she hasn't come back to me... shrug:: )

Now she has and is adamant. She's off to put me on to a supervisor. He's backing her up but at least he's offered to void the bet so I can now re-invest (elsewhere) at the better odds now available!

First race only eight minutes late off.

Arabian Gleam got moidered when Lingarri veered off a true line, probably wouldn't have challenged.

Sorry wrong thread! :shy: :shy: :shy:

Great sight, and lovely to see Raven's Pass putting in such a good run too
Go Henry - he's going to be a real Champ

Much better from Ravens Pass though, Sussex should be made for him especially if Henry's gone up to 10 by then.

Did it nicely but the "fastest horse ever hype" doesnt quite ring true with me... :suspect:

Agree about Ravens. Really good run and Gosdens faith in him at the distance is not far from being repaid. that was quite a decision to take

What I loved was the way he looked for in trouble for a couple of strides but when asked he quickened clear in a couple of strides.

Did absolutely nothing in front and the Gosden horse was never going to pass him.

Originally posted by Euronymous@Jun 17 2008, 01:55 PM
I feel my lumpy bet on Raven`s Pass in the Guineas was justified now. He`s trained on and he`s top class.
agree - def. stayed the trip well and good ride by fortune. just met a slightly better horse.

Back