Stayers Hurdle 2018

Very pleasing performance from the winner, not really sure what to make of Uknowwhatimeanharry this season, just doesn't look at all like the horse we have seen in recent years - and that could well be age catching up with him. Was it just me who thought the winner looks as big as a bull or does he seem to be carrying plenty of condition?

Some woofer!!!mate he's finished 8 lengths in front of a world hurdle winner and was beaten by a very good horse.IMO

Plus it's the fist time he's been tested on a stiff course at Championship pace over 3 miles and tbh I thought he never got home more than him dogging it

When he won in France nothing was near him and the horse he beat had not been in great form and he was beaten out of sight in this race last year.

It’s not disrepectful to Sam Spinner to say that L’Ami Serge just didn’t want to know.

The winner is a massively improved horse. He was one that went into my tracker at the start of the season, and one I got shot of, when he got turned over at Chepstow.

It takes a special kind of genius to get it this wrong. :lol:

The winner today just had plenty at the business end no fault of Lami. I wonder who tipped Sam Spinner to start off 2nd fav, hats off as they were right.

Last edited:
It’s not disrepectful to Sam Spinner to say that L’Ami Serge just didn’t want to know.

The winner is a massively improved horse. He was one that went into my tracker at the start of the season, and one I got shot of, when he got turned over at Chepstow.

It takes a special kind of genius to get it this wrong. :lol:

Me too [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very pleasing performance from the winner, not really sure what to make of Uknowwhatimeanharry this season, just doesn't look at all like the horse we have seen in recent years - and that could well be age catching up with him. Was it just me who thought the winner looks as big as a bull or does he seem to be carrying plenty of condition?
Too many of Fry's better horses have flopped recently for there not to be a problem. If they can clear up whatever the problem is there could be some real value come March and April.

That’s one tough mare. Criminal if they don’t aim her at this race now. Eye catching run from Supasundae

Having got her at 11/4 for the mares and in several accas, i hope she doesn't, but for me she has to go for this race.

Last edited:
Sad to hear that Nichols Canyon has gone, a solid and game horse that probably did not get the praise he deserved.

Clearly the mare should stick to the race for her gender. Please, pretty please.
To be fair she’s a superb animal but it would be Dawn Run all over again for me if she goes in the Stayers. Back in the day I had a bet built up over several months on Wayward Lad and this time I’m loaded for bear on Supasundae at prices from 16 to 25, thankfully most ew.

I'm firmly in the camp that says Apples Jade should go here and will wait to hear what Eddie O'Leary says.

An interesting potential contender, Killultagh Vic, declared in the 2m4f hurdle at Punchestown on Sunday.

Her class got her through yesterday, if NC hadn't suffered that accident I've no doubt he would've won. I think its even more clear AJ goes for the Mares now.

Her class got her through yesterday, if NC hadn't suffered that accident I've no doubt he would've won. I think its even more clear AJ goes for the Mares now.

How can you possibly reach that conclusion?

Last edited:
Its all about form @viking. You need to analyse it a bit but I can give you a hint: check out AJ & Supasunde last 2 races against each other and make up your own mind. Also watch the replays if you have a chance and it should be clear enough.

My first thought after the race was whatever you do don't send her for the stayers.

As far as NC goes there's absolutely nothing to back up saying he would have won

Nothing but nothing was getting home yesterday and DR rode abrillinat race conserving as much energy as he could

NC might have won or he might have finished 20 lengths behind who knows?

Absolutely nothing to back up? Tanlic are you aware you're talking about the Stayers winner who was ahead of Supasundae even on this year reappearance when NC underperformed by a stone? NC would've crushed them yesterday.

It’s always daft to suggest ‘would have’ certainties, about horses who have fallen in a race (seen this before with your nonsense about Don Cossack in the 2015 KG) - espwcially when the fall happens so far from the finish. The error is merely compounded, when the form of the race they did win i.e. last season’s Stayers Hurdle, has not been upheld in the subsequent outings.

Last edited:
Well sometimes daft discussion lead to interesting ones, if one doesn't question where NC would've finished based on all known evidence then what are you doing with your time? :lol:

Last edited:
Supasundae would be my selection for this race at the moment. It’s absolutely wide open but he has the Cheltenham form, looks certain to be aimed at the Stayers and will be suited by the spring ground he’ll encounter there.

Well sometimes daft discussion lead to interesting ones, if one doesn't question where NC would've finished based on all known evidence then what are you doing with your time? :lol:

There doesn’t seem any point in indulging such what-ifery, given the horse was lost and won’t race again.

Was more to make him justice after Tanlic claimed it can't be argued(the main point initially was about AJ) NC would've won. He was the champion stayer and even on his first run of the season where he ran a stone below best he was still able to beat Supasundae which AJ struggled to beat yesterday. The form is so tied and clear that only another sub-par effort from NC would've made him lose the race, or a fall which unfortunately happened.

It’s always daft to suggest ‘would have’ certainties, about horses who have fallen in a race (seen this before with your nonsense about Don Cossack in the 2015 KG) - espwcially when the fall happens so far from the finish. The error is merely compounded, when the form of the race they did win i.e. last season’s Stayers Hurdle, has not been upheld in the subsequent outings.

I think the Don Cossack fall was very much up for discussion and he always found loads in a finish.

What Augie doesn't take into account is everything Mullins send out is half the odds and less than it should be so we have no idea what was expected from NC.............they are running like drains

Back