Supreme Novice Hurdle

Apparently it was mentioned by Mick Fitz on the BBC Radio 5 preview thats held in a pub around Cheltenham, that Casey called him earlier on to say that Vinny had eaten up and was bouncing around the place now...

Thought Mullins deserves a lot of credit for how open he's been with the COusin Vinny situation. No cliches or hiding of anything, and it's clear he's not 100% happy with the horse.

Paddy Power are making the market. I'm going to back 3/4 each way what with the Cousin Vinny concession. I view the jockey on M Flips as a big negative, and think Go Native isnt good enough. I'm considering from Torphichen, Ainama, Kempes, Red Maloney and Copper Bleu. Preference currently is to leave Red maloney out as I keep hearing how he was a dog on the flat.

When Mullins said we'd see him ourselves in the parade ring, I thought he was going to add "if he's still alive". He couldn't have been more negative about a horse he intends running.

Personally I think it's just last moment jitters about a horse he expects to win easily and now a little doubt has crept in. I can't believe he'd run him if he was in the same place logically as he seemed to be emotionally (too much American TV here).

When Mullins said we'd see him ourselves in the parade ring, I thought he was going to add "if he's still alive". He couldn't have been more negative about a horse he intends running.

Personally I think it's just last moment jitters about a horse he expects to win easily and now a little doubt has crept in. I can't believe he'd run him if he was in the same place logically as he seemed to be emotionally (too much American TV here).

Yeah there is alot of pressure on him today and for the whole week. Ruby Walsh said he thought the horse looked fine, he has presumably eaten up last night/this morning. 100/30 now available.

Cousin Vinny - terrific engine but terrible hurdler over that trip. I would think he`ll be World Hurdle bound next year.

Disappointing to not see CV or Torphichen figure.

Carberry rode a great race.

Medermit may have been better suited to Ballymore distance?

Thought Red maloney travelled like a dream but found nothing.

Anyone else think the roar very muted?

RUK say the times suggest the going description is spot on.

Might be nice if someone gave us a time, but I've been phoned from the track with 4.00.80, which would be slow by 8.80 on the old standard, 4.40 at a mile, 1.6 = -2.80

Good to Soft

based on that

I think Cousin Vinny lost his back legs momentarily landing at the last. Didn't make a difference or anything, but he stayed on nicely despite that. Clearly needs further.

Back