Supreme Novices Hurdle 15 March 2022

Maybe my suggestion a while back that he might run them both in the Supreme isn't so far fetched as.

I can't think of a more competitive race in it's history. Who wouldn't want to give it their best shot.

Maybe my suggestion a while back that he might run them both in the Supreme isn't so far fetched.

I can't think of a more competitive race in it's history. Who wouldn't want to give it their best shot.

Last edited:
Ruby on the Paddy Power preview last night said there is absolutely no way they both run in the Supreme.

How very insightful Ruby, thanks for that!

I think even the recently knighted thick as a Whale Omelette (Sir) Gavin Williamson could have worked that one out.

What amazes me is Sir Gerhard was the outsider of the 4 at one time.

He was far from impressive last time out and to be frank his jumping was atrocious
then suddenly he's favourite for the Supreme?

On a line though Three Stripe Life he isn't any better over hurdles than he was as a bumper horse
and that form was shot down in flames by Kicruit being easly brushed aside in 2 of his 3 races this season.

If he were mines I'd send him to the Ballymore where he might win but as for the Supreme I think he's the least likely to win of the 4.

Last edited:

He was far from impressive last time out and to be frank his jumping was atrocious

On a line though Three Stripe Life he isn't any better over hurdles than he was as a bumper horse
and that form was shot down in flames by Kicruit being easly brushed aside in 2 of his 3 races this season.

If he were mines I'd send him to the Ballymore where he might win but as for the Supreme I think he's the least likely to win of the 4.

Aye, and Rachael won the champion bumper for him by keeping Kilcruit boxed in against the rail until is was too late.

Townend got absolutely hammered for that ride an all, still does.

Ruby was the same, if a hotpot doesn’t go in, first thing they’ll do is blame the jock.

Expecting it when Galopin goes off fav and gets done for toe off Bob.

You might need to rewatch the race. Kilcruit got out paced.

Yeah, sorry guys, the old memory playing tricks again.

Ps: it was the Triumph and Zanahiyr I must have been thinking of.

Last edited:
Nowhere near as bad as the ride Walsh gave Elimay - having a nightmare in the penultimate race of the week though means the grief isn't as potent.

Cost me some that. Why he didn’t move inside still boggles me now. Losing half a length every fence.

Collecting on her this year instead.

Big time. It's a weird year when you get to the Friday and you're more tensed up about the Mares Chase than the Gold Cup.

Not quite that bad but the Gold Cup lacks one essential component and it has for the last 12 years.

A Champion!! There's no Long Run Kauto Star Denman or Best Mate you can point to and say he's the best horse in training and expect people to take you seriously.

Don Cossack was maybe an exception but we've had a real bad run of middle of the road horses win what is supposed to be the main attraction of the entire meeting/year.

Nowhere near as bad as the ride Walsh gave Elimay - having a nightmare in the penultimate race of the week though means the grief isn't as potent.

I think I watched it back three times after racing. It was a truely astonishing how bad it was.

I am still of the view that Sir Gerhard doesn't have the toe that Dysart Dynamo does and possibly even Jonbon. No doubt after saying that, he will run in the Supreme and absolutely bolt up.

We will soon find out what the yard think but Ruby said he's all about speed and others saying he won't stay 2m5f.

I don't think any of them could match Constitution Hill for a finishing kick but feel Jonbon has more going for him in the travelling department as is in a high cruising speed.
Dysart Dynamo gives the impression he was in top gear all the way so he's harder to work out on how he'll react to pressure.

I must admit I was a huge Douvan fan which influences me big time to join the Jonbon camp.

I see there are 17 declared which doesn't exactly fill me with enthusiasm because the more runners the more chance of hard luck stories.

Hopefull at least 6 will drop out.

I reckon this race will be won and lost between the top of the hill and 2 out
when one horse are at most two will inject a quick and decisive increase in pace
and leave the rest standing.

I think we'll find the Hendseron pair will fill the first 2 spots as Sir Gerhard looks overrated to me and Dysart will probably go Ballymore.

My final choice

1. Jonbon
2. Constitution Hill.
3. Kilcruit

Place Lay Sir Gerhard

Sir Gerhard out to 8 on the machine for this. Last matched at 2.7 for Ballymore, before they cattled the market for confirmations.

Can someone enlighten me on what sparked off the massive Sir Gerhard drift out to 12/1 on the machine.

There's no mention of this on any of the major websites although he has come in from 6/5 to 10/11 on Oddschecker
for the Ballymore but remains on 2/1 jt fav for the Supreme

Did someone say something on a Preview or what?

Back