Supreme Novices Hurdle

Can forget that one but Oscars well looks a very nice prospect indeed. Sense he needs all of todays distance and more though

Zaidpour run a good race , just beaten by a better horse, his stablamate also run to form in my figures.

I'm sorry... the reference to his stablemate was MdH in the Novice Chase. I wasn't looking at Mullins' other one in the Novice Hurdle (I've no idea how he ran).

Cottrelsbooley made all until they turned in, appeared to be stationary as the principles went by, and then stayed-on again at the one pace - beaten around 15l or so.

I am disappointed that Oscars Well is going to the Neptune, I think he has enough gears to be a top class 2m hurdler, I would love to see him in the Supreme, but that doesn't look like it will happen.

I am really looking forward to the Neptune, some really promising types, Bobsworth, So Young and Oscars Well, hope they all make it there in one piece.

Any mileage in sticking headgear on Zaidpour? Seemed to work on Zaynar initially. Hard to believe that lack of speed, or even some slightly untidy jumping, was the reason for him being off the bridle so far out yesterday when i think back to the Royal Bond. Can't remember many from that yard wearing headgear, though.

Any mileage in sticking headgear on Zaidpour? Seemed to work on Zaynar initially. Hard to believe that lack of speed, or even some slightly untidy jumping, was the reason for him being off the bridle so far out yesterday when i think back to the Royal Bond. Can't remember many from that yard wearing headgear, though.

Blinkers and a length of sewer rod down between the ears! Looked like a thinker to me - didn't back him TBTG!;)

Not a bad idea - he certainly doesn't pick up as well as he might when asked initially. I thought more positive tactics were the answer, but headgear may be the call.

You convinced cue card is the real deal then? What sp do we think hel have? Will they get stuck into him to get the festival off to a flyer or what?

2 facile wins in this country so far.He was quite impressive in beating cedre bleu yesterday as that one beat Titan de sarti quite easily previously.It done what was expected of it yesterday.Obviously the Cue Card form is stronger than Spirit Sons but he could be anything.Saying that CC could have improved and Menorah might sleuce up in the Champion!! ahhh don't you just love it!

Anyone got an opinion on Spirit Son? I think this one looks quite special

A machine. I put him up as a value bet at 20s in Euro's thread on antepost Cheltenham value, and still think he is a cracking each way bet at 7s.

You convinced cue card is the real deal then? What sp do we think hel have? Will they get stuck into him to get the festival off to a flyer or what?

Pretty much. I think Cue Card would nearly be placed in the Champion Hurdle this time and perhaps take the beating in that in a year or two. Probably the only reason you can still get 11/4 now is that he still could go for the Champion this time. He could easily be 7/4 or 6/4 on the day.

Nevertheless, really good horses can still get beaten in this and I'd prefer an each-way bet on something. Spirit Son could well be that each-way bet.

At the moment these would be my idea of solid place bets on course. Although it looks to be all or nothing on Cue Card at the respective prices.

His win on Sunday was in outstanding fashion ,impressive and an excellent time.And I believe Sundays hurdles races were about 6 seconds ( 100 yards long ).

Re: Zaidpour - I wouldn't have been that disappointed with his effort. Mullins will just have to re-think his festival target now because he's clearly not as quick as he thought. I would still have him as a player in the Neptune.

Spirit Son was impressive but he looks a little lightweight to me.. If it comes down to a battle i'm not sure he'll be ready. Just my view though.

I think Zaidpour is over hyped, though winning the Royal Bond hard on the bit, his hurdling was very sketchy, slightly pausing before each hurdle. He may have run flat at Christmas, but he never looked like getting near Oscars Well on Saturday and was flattered by the 5L margin.

As Aragon has suggested he may go to the Neptune, but I doubt he will get any nearer to Oscars Well, and I also think that his stable mate So Young looks a better proposition, not to mention Nicky Henderson's Bobs Worth.

I actually think his stable mate in the same colours Day of a Lifetime may turn out to be a better proposition for Mullins and Ricci. He looked quite decent winning his maiden although he jumped out to his right. He is entered in a Grade 2 at Naas on Saturday, if he puts in a good performance he may turn out to be Mullins best hope in the Supreme.

Last edited:
Back