Supreme Novices Hurdle

Great concession, and allows you to take a decent view on the race as opposed to backing one horse you feel is too big. I would be looking at Spirit Son, and Al Ferof and Hidden Universe each way (win parts of each ways are refunded).

Been reading elsewhere that sprinter sacre could be pulled and there has been a lil drift on the exchanges.I got the feeling that Spirit Son was ahead of him despite what was coming from them.

Been reading elsewhere that sprinter sacre could be pulled and there has been a lil drift on the exchanges.I got the feeling that Spirit Son was ahead of him despite what was coming from them.

I think this is right... They've got a view to an Arkle with the former, wheras the latter is a here, now and ready merchant.

I've been contemplating backing Zaidpour on the basis that better ground will see him return to form. I don't buy the idea that he needs further than two miles either, he was running on past beaten horses in the Deloitte and he does look the type to appreciate a faster surface. I just hope the Irish don't all pile on and reduce his price too much.

I've been contemplating backing Zaidpour on the basis that better ground will see him return to form. I don't buy the idea that he needs further than two miles either, he was running on past beaten horses in the Deloitte and he does look the type to appreciate a faster surface. I just hope the Irish don't all pile on and reduce his price too much.

Lots of NRNB offers on at the moment Euro. So worth getting on now if you like the price.

I've been contemplating backing Zaidpour

I'm greatly confused. So Young has been cut to a general 10/1 today despite being 65 to back on Betfair. There is 2.5k looking to back Zaidpour at 10.5 even though he is 10/1 with Coral and William Hill. The Betfair market suggests Zaidpour is certain to run and So Young unlikely to do so but it's not reflected in the books.

Last edited:
Corals are going NRNB on all races at the Festival though, so expect them to be a bit shorter.

In that case the 9/1 is still a big price. The Betfair market tells you where Zaidpour and So Young will run but it's not reflected in William Hills 10/1 about Zaidpour.

So Young is my third choice in the race, so almost big enough to tempt me in. But I'm happy where I am for now.

Day of a Lifetime seems to have had alot of positive mentions in the previews, have to be involved NRNB with all the goings-on with the stable runners though.

Last edited:
I can't have any horse in the Supreme with only one run over hurdles on soft ground under his belt.

What price is big enough to tempt you in?

I don't know really... My problem is that I can't see past Cue Card and it was only the Paddy Power offer of money back if Cue Card wins on losing win singles that tempted me in on Spirit Son. However, what I might do is to also have a win single on So Young with PP (there is an office I can have a look in on my way home).

I suppose So Young will run in this?

Last edited:
Powers are 12/1. You would be better of waiting until the day and get guaranteed prices etc at this stage. I think he is 12/1 to run in the race nevermind win it.

Powers are 12/1. You would be better of waiting until the day and get guaranteed prices etc at this stage. I think he is 12/1 to run in the race nevermind win it.

That's what I was thinking... I think I'll take your advice and hold off. The NRNB option seems more sensible.

What is this thing for Zaidpour I keep seeing everywhere? He looks slow to me, and I'm not sure how he is going to turn things around. Certainly doesn't have the profile of an improver though happy to hear what I am missing.

What is this thing for Zaidpour I keep seeing everywhere? He looks slow to me, and I'm not sure how he is going to turn things around. Certainly doesn't have the profile of an improver though happy to hear what I am missing.

If Oscar Wells is as good as people are making out than was his run the last day that bad? Given a more positive ride at the festival he has a chance. He has far stronger claims than Day Of A Lifetime who is being talked up on the back of a soft ground maiden yet no one argues against his chances.

I wouldn't give Day of a Lifetime much chance.

I'm happy to be convinced about Zaidpour. Willie M seemed ridiculiusly upbeat for him.

I just think the 10/1 is a fair price. My only interest in him is in a first day jackpot trixie and each way treble at 7/1 with Sunnyhillboy 16/1 and Peddlers Cross 6/1.

Just a quick update on my old pal, Cottrelsbooley. After pulling up abruptly when odds-on in a novice hurdle at Naas on Sunday, the vet found him to be clinically abnormal after the race.

He's not the only fucking one. :blink:

Personally i'm @@@@@ deep into Cue Card and at decent prices.I like Steve cannot see past him either.Its gonna take a good one to beat him and I just cant bring myself to back against it at the moment.I've weighed up laying some off but I have decided to let it run,it also features in most of my multiples too,so i'll know my fate early on!!
I thought the same of Zaidpour too,looked a bit sluggish to me,he did run on I suppose.Mullins seems to think he is the real deal,in that case back Gibb River! but seriously I can't be backing Zaidpour from what i've seen.

Back