Supreme Novices Hurdle

Looks like the books are going to go after Cue Card - guaranteed odds from this morning - could start as long as 5/2 - 3/1 if JP doesn't wade in.

Looks like the books are going to go after Cue Card - guaranteed odds from this morning - could start as long as 5/2 - 3/1 if JP doesn't wade in.

Not a chance it gets anywhere near 5/2 never mind 3/1 at the off.

Last edited:
Ive gone for Spirit Son.

The only doubt i have is that he has never gone left handed, apart from his run in Auteil, and his wins have been on flat tracks.

That said, his wins at Huntingdon and Exeter have been very impressive, and i would rather take the 11/2 that i have done, and back him, rather than Cue Card.

Tomorrow is Cue Cards day,he could pick these up and carry them round and I fully expect him to.If it goes higher than 5/2 I shall be weighing in again

I am genuinely shocked. Ante post betting is for mugs if this is the trend for the week! Asking 3.60 on Betfair

Last edited:
Looking at the money stacking up on Betfair the 5/1 Spirit Son with Paddy Power looks massive.

Doesnt do what? He hasnt run on good ground yet. His sire and knee action give every reason to believe he will be better on better ground.

Spirit Son 3 wins hvy,soft and vsoft. Doesn't do it for me.
Dave Nevision completely put me off him saying he was a mudlark but the market is very positive. It could be just Powers hedging into Betfair. I'd imagine their liability on him is massive.

Just cant see past Cue Card whichever way I look at it. Has the form in the book and most importantly in the book on the ground he will face tomorrow where some of these others have it on much worse going and to a lesser level. Hearing people saying about it going to an improver as well CC may be open to more improvement as well he has only had 3 runs over hurdles and is only 5. I'm up to my eyeballs as it is with him but will be going in again harder tomorrow. I will save slightly on Zaidpour as have a feeling he may have been laid out a little for this for a bigger price as mad as it sounds. Come 1.45pm tomorrow I will be dancing or crying!

Back