"Swine Flu"

There just does not seem to be a suitable reply to that, but my mum would have said, "keep your 'and on it"!

Last edited:
People are going doen like fly's with it now, three local schools have it. when all the people go on holiday soon it can only get worse.

Watching all the "measures" put in place and remembering Nicola Sturgeon popping up everywhere assuring all is under control, a couple of months on and hundreds of thousands infected I just shudder to think what would happen if it was H3N1 not H1N1.
Armageddon would most definately be upon us rather quick.:(

I was sure I'd got more than just a cold, common or not, this week, so rang the NHS helpline on Swine Flu. But the line was so bad, all I got was crackling...

Sorry to drag this up again but just a quick note in case anyone does need to collect any Tamiflu or Ralenza.

If anyone has to deal with the National Flu Line and is given a reference number for the collection of anti-virals please double check the code given with the phone advisor before hanging up as we're finding quite a few people coming in with a number missing or incorrect letters e.g. F when it should have been S. Might sound silly but if the code is incorrect staff at the antiviral collection points can't access the national website to double check patient details and the product/strength to be supplied. That means the patient having to be referred for a 'manual assesment' i.e. see a GP and it takes longer to get the required medication.

Also, Gloucestershire PCT has stated that in order to collect anti-virals, ID is required for both the patient and the 'flu friend' - no ID, no medication. I don't know if that policy applies across the country but if anyone does have to collect medication for someone it might be handy to take ID to avoid the possibility of getting turned away.

Hopefully though you'll all stay healthy and won't need to use it :rolleyes:

Back