Tattersalls Gold Cup

Talking Horse and the fact that Magnier very rarely gets it wrong when buying OR selling a proven horse. I'm against him all day with Planteur - think the French horse will have too much tactical speed.

I hope we don't see a summer of everyone swerving each other like this race today.

I don't think they're swerving with Workforce. I think he's being tuned up gradually with the Autumn in mind maybe.

I can't see how 10f at Ascot would suit the horse anyway, especially on the likely fast ground. The Juddmonte would be the ideal race if they want a Group1 over shorter than a mile and a half.

I'd imagine the plans with Workforce would be to go for the Brigadier Gerard, the Coral Eclipse and then to the Arc, and possibly a Breeders Cup at the end of the year?

I just want to see SYT race more than 3 rivals and a pacemaker!! Yes he won well yesterday and was made to work a fraction harder than his first race for AOB but did they learn more than before about him? I doubt it.

As for WF swerving - if anyone here owned him would you have sent him against SYT without a prep run no matter who trained him?

Its going to be a fun summer watching the machinations going on between the big three - Coolmore, Abdullah and Godolphin!

Thank god for the Queen Anne. I'm not that excited about the likely walkovers in the St James Palace and POW.

The mute button is gonna have to go on as well. I can see Carson exploding.

The much anticipated clash in the Queen Anne may not come off. Freddie Head refused adamantly to be drawn on Goldikova's participation. Please Freddie bring her to Ascot.

Frankel may not have things all his own way in the SJP. Tin Horse is coming and could very well provide some keen competition.

I think So You Think v. Planteur could provide a very good race.

Conduit and North Light were both turned over in the Brigadier Gerard on their 4-y-o reappearance for Stoute with a Group 1 penalty. Don't look to have much running for me, but I imagine I'll be against Workforce in the week.

Conduit and North Light were both turned over in the Brigadier Gerard on their 4-y-o reappearance for Stoute with a Group 1 penalty. Don't look to have much running for me, but I imagine I'll be against Workforce in the week.

If he was 8/13 or less I'd agree.

You could have Elusive Pimpernal, Cavalryman, Afsare, Jan Vermeer and Sri Putra.

Sri putra is a funny one. He ran a great race last year against twice Over of course and always has looked like he might just have that ability for one big day

Jan vermeer likely to need race as much, if not more, than workforce, given AOB's FTO. Afsare ran poorly last time really and Cavalryman loosk one to avoid. Poet is just short of this maybe

Elusive Pimpernell would interest me most

You could even see Black Spirit running into a place at a massive price as he loves Sandown more than stablemate Dunn'o!

how can saying someone not rating foreign form much is accusing someone of being racist..they are horses for Godsake?

you not wired up right Hamm

i wonder how much longer the mods here will let you get away with your ignorant responses towards me

you must be a joy to spend time with:lol:

Give it a rest EC, the issue was addressed and put to bed and I even defended you!

I suspect Workforce will run in this on Thursday then take the Eclipse in. I doubt they'll want to go near Ascot after last year so I think he might even have a break after the Eclipse before going for the Prix Foy and the Arc.

Give it a rest EC, the issue was addressed and put to bed and I even defended you!

I suspect Workforce will run in this on Thursday then take the Eclipse in. I doubt they'll want to go near Ascot after last year so I think he might even have a break after the Eclipse before going for the Prix Foy and the Arc.

what do you mean give it a rest?..i've only just read the nonsense

don't be telling me what to post whilst he gets away with what he wants

i won't be reading anymore of his posts anyway..enough is enough..he is best put on the ignore list..i'm sure he is on many people's list

Last edited:
what do you mean give it a rest?..i've only just read the nonsense

You're needlessly prolonging the argument between yourself and Hamm when the thread has naturally dealt with the issue you mention and moved on back to debating the racing.

Couldn't agree more.... You've both got good things to say without having to resort to petulance.

OCTET STANDS FIRM AGAINST WORKFORCE

Workforce, Sir Michael Stoute's Derby and Arc hero, will face eight rivals as he makes his seasonal reappearance in the Piper Heidsieck Champagne Brigadier Gerard Stakes at Sandown on Thursday.
Connections shelved plans to run him in the Tattersalls Gold Cup at the weekend in the hope of giving the colt an easier introduction.
But with his Group One penalty to carry, he will be giving 7lb to all of his rivals.
They include Luca Cumani's Afsare, a Royal Ascot winner last year of whom big things are expected later this season.
Aidan O'Brien, who has carried all before him in recent weeks, sends over Jan Vermeer, who was sent off the 9-4 favourite for the Derby but finished fourth.
The John Dunlop-trained Elusive Pimpernel ran respectably on his return in the Earl of Sefton at Newmarket on his first run since last year's 2000 Guineas and is also entered.
Tom Tate's Distant Memories is a consistent performer at this level, while last year's Eclipse runner-up Sri Putra rarely runs a bad race.
Godolphin's representative is Cavalryman, while Clive Cox saddled Poet and Black Spirit.

Back