TH Ante Post Competition 2018 / 2019 FEBRUARY selections

Reminder that this season's competition closes at midnight tomorrow (Thursday)

By my records the following have this amount in their pot

archie £1200
Beef Or Salmon £2000
DannyB £2000
Desperate Dan £1000
edgt £500
Grasshopper £2000
Grey £2000
Len Madeiros £1000
Marble £500
The Bear £2000
Wolf £2000

1000 win Ballyward 9/2 NH Chase William Hill
1000 win Samcro 7/1 Stayers Hurdle William Hill

Duly edited.

£500 Win: Might Bite (Gold Cup - 14/1 Hills)
£1500 Win: Faugheen (Stayers Hurdle - 13/2 Ladbrokes)

Last edited by a moderator:
Grassy the maximum amount on any one horse is £1500 and you have already wagered £1000 on Might Bite during December.

Al Boum Photo - Gold cup 16/1 Hills £250 e/w
Topofthegame- RSA - 5/1 (various) £1000 win
Eclair de beaufeu - to win any race - 20/1 Hills £250 e/w

Al Boum Photo - Gold cup 16/1 Hills £250 e/w
Topofthegame- RSA - 5/1 (various) £1000 win
Eclair de beaufeu - to win any race - 20/1 Hills £250 e/w

Danny I can't find this price for Eclair De Beaufeu on Oddschecker. Part of Rule 6 for this competition reads

"A link must be provided to the relevant site if a bet on a horse "to win any Festival race” or “betting without a named horse” is submitted or the bet will be declined"

Can you provide a link please ?

Last edited:
Danny I can't find this price on Oddschecker. Part of Rule 6 for this competition reads

"[FONT=&]A link must be provided to the relevant site if a bet on a horse "to win any Festival race” or “betting without a named horse” is submitted or the bet will be declined"

Can you provide a link please ?
[/FONT]
That price is direct off Hills site if that helps?
If not, let me know & I'll post alternative.

Have you a screenshot you can post ?

If not you will need to post an alternative.

Last edited:
Duly edited.

£500 Win: Might Bite (Gold Cup - 14/1 Hills)
£1500 Win: Faugheen (Stayers Hurdle - 6/1 Betfair)

Sorry but from what I can work out Faugheen has been 11/2 on Betfair since this morning ?

Edit.....looks like Ladbrokes were 13/2 at the time you posted so we'll give you that

Last edited:
All this months virtual wagers are now received, other than TheBear and Wolf who look like they abandoned the competition, so below is a summary as recorded by myself through the Winter. Please check your portfolios are as you submitted them. Once NewApproach has verified the wagers and calculated the winner of the Notional Part of the competition, the calculations will be checked by Grey and myself over the weekend and the winner posted by NewApproach. Thank you to Grassy and Perpetual for sponsoring the AP competition, thank you to Grey for his behind the scenes support and advice and for sponsoring the Winter Prize , thank you to NewApproach for running the whole shebang and finally thank you everyone for entering and good luck for The Festival not only with this competition but for the real stuff the week after next. Bring it on.

View attachment 1967
View attachment 1968
View attachment 1969
View attachment 1970

I'm pleased to announce viking as the winner of the notional portion of the ante post competition. The spreadsheet has been checked over by both DG and Grey so we are all happy that it is correct.

Well done viking! And many thanks to DG and Grey for all their help with this.

Here are the tables showing the final leaderboard, the totals for horses and races and the first of the final portfolios (more to follow in next few posts - they are in alphabetical order). There may well be issues with errors in these (particularly where one horse cancels another out) but nothing that affects the competition outcome - if you see anything though, let me know and I'll fix it in the spreadsheet.

feb19RaceM.JPGfeb19horses.JPGfebPort1.JPGfebPort2.JPGfebPort3.JPG

Thanks NA for the hard graft and well done to viking for beating the books, along with a few others it must be said. Thanks too to Grey for the extra support and advice along the way.

To put things into perspective there were 253 bets to be checked and verified on top of which notional values had to be applied to them all from 7.30pm last night and then those in turn were double checked.

viking I assume Perps will be in touch at some point re the prize for this part of the competition.

Many thanks to all involved in the organisation of this competition which is one I look forward to immensely every year.

Not sure what the prize is for this section but I'm very happy for it to be carried forward to contribute to the prize fund for next year's competitions

My best AP bet of the winter (16/1 Paisley Park wasn't even in this!

Hoping some of these turn into actual cash returns :cool:

Well done, Viking, that's a fine spread of bets - on paper at any rate. There are a few packed in close behind but your success is well deserved, nearly all of your bets have performed well.

Back