TH Ante Post Competition 2018 / 2019 FEBRUARY selections

Congratulations, viking - I’ll drop you a DM when I’ve sobered-up!

And thanks as always to those who commit their time to running the competition. Bravo.

Thanks for organising and sponsoring once again guys. It’s very much appreciated. Well done Viking, your win was Tigerrollesque!

I’m unable to pass on the trophy unfortunately as it’s still with the winner from the previous year. Can you check who it was please Roger as I can’t remember, and if we can’t get it back or passed on to Viking I’ll organise a new one.

The 2017 winner was Maxbet, who took part in our Telegraph Fantasy League this year, so I presume he still looks in here even though the last activity of "Maxbet" was in May 2018. I didn't realise it hadn't been forwarded on, the trophy was originally donated by Tout Seul in memory of the late Alan Morgan and winners are supposed to forward it on each year.

The previous winner in 2016 was Perpetual, can you confirm it was sent to Maxbet Perps ?

Last edited:
The 2017 winner was Maxbet, who took part in our Telegraph Fantasy League this year, so I presume he still looks in here even though the last activity of "Maxbet" was in May 2018. I didn't realise it hadn't been forwarded on, the trophy was originally donated by Tout Seul in memory of the late Alan Morgan and winners are supposed to forward it on each year.

The previous winner in 2016 was Perpetual, can you confirm it was sent to Maxbet Perps ?

It definitely got as far as Perpetual- I hand delivered it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Belated congratulations, Viking, on getting the double up. I hope you backed some of those winners with real cash as well, and that you had a great festival.

DG and New Approach, you've done great work as usual on this competition, and it's nice to see it being so well appreciated by the rest of us.

Thanks to everyone who took part, you all showed a generous spirit of fair play.

Cheers Grey yes real cash was involved. SkyBet and Bet365 have made a decent contribution to the Viking household holiday fund.

A really enjoyable festival. I hope you also had a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking has very graciously asked that his winnings be split 50/50 between IJF and site upkeep. What a guy. :thumbsup:

Colin, you should see £50 landing via the usual route in the next day or two. I’ll confirm when the payment has been made to the IJF.

The previous year's winner is supposed to engrave it with the name of the next winner and send it to them. Firstly we need to establish whether Perpetual did this and sent it to Maxbet in 2017. Assuming he did Maxbet should have engraved it with Maruco's name and sent it to Maruco this time last year who would then have been able to do the same for viking this year. Until Maruco's post a few days ago I didn't realise the whole process had broken down. It's especially galling given that Tout Seul generously donated the trophy in memory of the late long time forum member Alan Morgan.

The previous year's winner is supposed to engrave it with the name of the next winner and send it to them. Firstly we need to establish whether Perpetual did this and sent it to Maxbet in 2017. Assuming he did Maxbet should have engraved it with Maruco's name and sent it to Maruco this time last year who would then have been able to do the same for viking this year. Until Maruco's post a few days ago I didn't realise the whole process had broken down. It's especially galling given that Tout Seul generously donated the trophy in memory of the late long time forum member Alan Morgan.

Is it my imagination or was there some sort of issue about the trophy last year too - I seem to remember that people were trying to track where it had last been (unless that was a different trophy - but I thought this was the only one). I may have just imagined this anyway - it's just that these last posts seem to be a bit deja vu somehow.

A bit of detective work has established Maxbet must have received the trophy from Perpetual as he posted this after last year's competition ended.

Well Done Paul, pm me your home address and I'll get you on the roll of honour (engraved) and forward the trophy to you.

The Alan Morgan Memorial Trophy:-
2012 TOUT SEUL
2013 GRASSHOPPER
2014 STEVE T
2015 TRUDJ
2016 PERPETUAL
2017 MAXBET
2018 MARUCO

Many thank's to all the referees ..

We now need to know whether Maruco replied to Maxbet via PM , there's no reply on the thread itself.

I can't remember seeing this Roger. Probably too far back. It suggests that Maxbet still has the trophy though. If Col has his email that would be the obvious route to recover it I would think.

Right, Col has made contact with Maxbet who still has the trophy, Maxbet has had trouble logging in here for quite a while so has been unable to contact Maruco. Col is busy right now but will sort out Maxbet's password problem over the weekend so hopefully we will be able to get things moving now,

Back