The 2014 World Hurdle

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Remember PN telling us at the Season Preview do at Cheltenham prior to The Open that when Big Bucks runs, hopefully in the Cleeve Hurdle at the Festival Preview Meeting at the end of January, he will be "ready to win" as there is no point having him anything less than one hundred per cent fit after his injury.

Big Bucks about to do a racecourse gallop at Exeter ridden by Daryll Jacob with a 3yo French import, Solar Impulse, ridden by Nick Scholfield, live on Racing UK if interested.

Last edited:
I don't think there's a 3-miler to live with him when he's on top form - including Quevega. :)

Last edited:
Good to see BB on a racecourse again, even if only on a TV screen, nothing to be learnt today but serves to remind him what he has to do once on a racecourse. Looks to be more forward than he was when parading at Wincanton, but you'd expect that. Let's hope he's OK when he pulls out tomorrow morning.

Hills doing a special on Big Bucks @ 5-1 to be undefeated this season, horse must run at least once. Probably a crap price is it ?

I don't think it's a good price.

5/1 is equivalent to a double at 2/1 and Evens. If he wins an easy prep at say Evens how likely is he to be shorter than 2/1 for the World Hurdle? Or if he wins a difficult prep race at 2/1, how likely is he to be odds on for the big race? And how many races might he run in after that, and be exposed to the chance of being beaten?

Could be a cracker in light of how well Salubrious ran at Ascot after being cantered all over by More of That .
yes i was very impressed with that. looked a serious performance.

be interesting to see how the mare handles cheltenham. hope she comes over.

Bog Warrior had too many runs last year before taking on Solwit, I believe going to Cheltenham fresh with possibly one spin about a month before Cheltenham will see him win the World Hurdle.

What is happening with Monksland these days? Has Bog Warrior recovered from his injury??

It all depends on Big Buck's . If he canters off with the Cleeve they might as well all not turn up .

Back