The 2014 World Hurdle

Boston Bob I find interesting, want to see him run first, and know whether he'd actually run in this, but if he was going in the race in top form he wouldn't be those prices he is now.

Last edited:
If Nicholls can get BB back to his best....he's a genius

Look what he has done to Tidal Bay . Kept Kauto winning Grade 1 races as he was about to turn 12 . Al Ferof appears to have come back from an identical injury at the same form level .

Far from impossible.

Im a big fan off Bob (Got him in my TH TTF) but Willie seemed pretty sure in his ATR interview that he would need it today
Feel a bit silly laying him in that company now

Not exactly a dream, but after looking at today's cards last thing, as I was falling asleep last night, I imagined Boston Bob winning the World Hurdle and Grand National this season.

I tried to get a cheeky 20 quid on him for the World Hurdle at 12/1 NRNB with B365 but had internet issues, possibly aggrevated by a bottle of Sancerre and disappointment at Darts losses.. I couldn't find a price for the National for him. I doubt there is any chance of him going for that. He has as much chance of most of them of landing a World Hurdle, given the injuries of Solwhit and Big Buck's.

Not exactly a dream, but after looking at today's cards last thing, as I was falling asleep last night, I imagined Boston Bob winning the World Hurdle and Grand National this season.

I tried to get a cheeky 20 quid on him for the World Hurdle at 12/1 NRNB with B365 but had internet issues, possibly aggrevated by a bottle of Sancerre and disappointment at Darts losses.. I couldn't find a price for the National for him. I doubt there is any chance of him going for that. He has as much chance of most of them of landing a World Hurdle, given the injuries of Solwhit and Big Buck's.

I reckon he is a slow boat. Last years RSA was poor and would be disappointed if something couldn't take him out of his comfort zone.

Solwhit should be ok

You are probably right. But I wouldn't be so sure that it won't go to a slow boat this year. As Euro showed in his youtube link, slow boats can win it. And the classy horses are not exactly cruising to the start line with a flurry of trial wins behind them.

Absolutely no concerns re Solwhit.

One prep is all he needs to get match-fit (not like a Byrnes can't 'get one ready' anyway) and there is no way a horse like Boston Bob - likeable individual though he is - will be able to get him off the steel.

Confidence is high - even if Big Buck 's does make it to the Festival - and 7/1 is knocking value.

Any news on MonKsland re-appearing?

I was kind of pleased when he wasn't out early doors because I fell Meade's poor record at the Festival in part was down to over running his horses in the winter. But I'd like to see him out soon.

As ardross says, Nichols is the master (of any era I wouldn't be surprised) at bringing them back. If vibes are right, then it's barely worth looking at the others imo

bog warrior had them all stretched in last years renewal before stopping quickly in the straight and was discovered to have fractured his leg.

if he's recovered from that and has a decent prep run beforehand he stands to be a player.

Got a note in front of me saying 'Monksland, one run Leopardstown then World Hurdle [any ground]'.What would the Leopardstown bit mean and has he missed that now? [apologies for needing other people to make sense of my own notes] Oh; I see; Christmas Hurdle [didn't run]. Doesn't sound promising. Bog Warrior got Gold Cup entry. Sounds a bit optimistic [?]. Not trained by Clive Brittain is he....

Last edited:
Back