The 2014 World Hurdle

Richie rich wants Annie Power to run in The Champion Hurdle. The Hurricane only winning by 1 1/2L in optimum conditions would sway Willies mind the same way I reckon.

Fingal Bay back in action at Sandown on Saturday in a handicap. Unlikely to go in WH according to Hobbs but nonetheless holds an entry.

The Bet365 Long Distance Hdle.

1st Celestial Halo 11-8 R174+
2nd Medinas 11-4 R 161
3rd Reve De siv. 11-8 R 165
4th At Fishers C. 11-4 R 159

Last edited:
24 entries stand their ground

Form Horse Age Owner Trainer
1111-111 ANNIE POWER (IRE) 6 Susannah Ricci Willie Mullins IRE
1111-4U2 AT FISHERS CROSS (IRE) 7 J P McManus Rebecca Curtis
4022314 AWAYWITHTHEGREYS (IRE) 7 Karen Bowen, Saith O Ni & The Hedonists Peter Bowen
11111/1-3 BIG BUCK'S (FR) 11 The Stewart Family Paul Nicholls
2/11FF-16 BOSTON BOB (IRE) 9 Andrea & Graham Wylie Willie Mullins IRE
426-161 CELESTIAL HALO (IRE) 10 The Stewart Family Paul Nicholls
3/2F0-44 COTTON MILL 7 Bloomfields John Ferguson
112/12r-1 FINGAL BAY (IRE) 8 Carol Skan Philip Hobbs
124-32U1 HOLYWELL (IRE) 7 Mrs Gay Smith Jonjo O'Neill
r121-231 MALA BEACH (IRE) 6 Chris Jones Gordon Elliott IRE
411P-22 MEDINAS (FR) 7 Frank & Hilda Bell Alan King
35/223-P MEISTER ECKHART (IRE) 8 Atlantic Equine Alan King
1P-U5113 MICKIE 6 Ludlow Racing Partnership Henry Daly
113/121- MONKSLAND (IRE) 7 Patricia Hunt Noel Meade IRE
1-111 MORE OF THAT (IRE) 6 J P McManus Jonjo O'Neill
1/111/11- QUEVEGA (FR) 10 Hammer & Trowel Syndicate Willie Mullins IRE
42-01314 REVE DE SIVOLA (FR) 9 Paul Duffy Diamond Partnership Nick Williams
12P-1421 RULE THE WORLD 7 Gigginstown House Stud Mouse Morris IRE
115-222 SALUBRIOUS (IRE) 7 The Johnson & Stewart Families Paul Nicholls
10-54111 SAPHIR DU RHEU (FR) 5 The Stewart Family Paul Nicholls
632-405 THOUSAND STARS (FR) 10 Hammer & Trowel Syndicate Willie Mullins IRE
132-4033 TRUSTAN TIMES (IRE) 8 Mrs M E Armitage & Peter Armitage Tim Easterby
23-03216 ZAIDPOUR (FR) 8 Susannah Ricci Willie Mullins IRE
141-222 ZARKANDAR (IRE) 7 Potensis Limited & Chris Giles Paul Nicholls

24 entries remain after February 11 scratchings deadline
8 Irish-trained

OK, so he might not run, but for a horse with G1-winning form at the trip, Thousand Stars is a HUGE price on Betfair for this. I've snapped-up the 160+ for the £15 that was available (still a few quid at 70 available).

One day, this hugely-underestimated animal will land a haymaker for me.....hopefully that day will be Thursday 13th March 2014!!

Last edited:
OK, so he might not run, but for a horse with G1-winning form at the trip, Thousand Stars is a HUGE price on Betfair for this. I've snapped-up the 160+ for the £15 that was available (still a few quid at 70 available).

One day, this hugely-underestimated animal will land a haymaker for me.....hopefully that day will be Thursday 13th March 2014!!

You either must have too much money or you have had a senior moment here me thinks.

Or both :cool:

You either must have too much money or you have had a senior moment here me thinks.

Or both :cool:

Wouldn't expect a fishwife to support my position, Frankel....under-estimate Hurricane Fly, and by default you will under-estimate the Grade-1 winners he's beaten.

If he runs, there is no way TS is a three-figure chance. :cool:

Wouldn't expect a fishwife to support my position, Frankel....under-estimate Hurricane Fly, and by default you will under-estimate the Grade-1 winners he's beaten.

If he runs, there is no way TS is a three-figure chance. :cool:

Quote if he runs. Me thinks Aintree is more likely.

You'll be telling me Long Run will come back and place in the gold cup next year :lol:

Ruddy pupils :D

Quote if he runs. Me thinks Aintree is more likely.

You'll be telling me Long Run will come back and place in the gold cup next year :lol:

Ruddy pupils :D

I don't listen to no "teacher" who can't see the risk of not running is factored to a price of 160/1+.

Go fetch the Truant Board. ;)

:D

Nicholls comments on Big Bucks on ATR this morning:

Knew he had a race after Chelt. But last week he came to life.
Thrilled with the way he looks, tightened up, looks sharper, going to start stepping up his work now.
Compared injury to Neptune, who went on to win National.
Very definite he needed the run. Was thrilled with it. Thinks he has improved quite a lot. Emphatic that SamTD gave him good ride the last day.
All he did was get tired from back of the last, but on better ground and with the improvement he thinks his stamina will come to the fore again...

Sounded fairly bullish to me.

Nicholls was bullish before the Cleeve too, saying that BB's stamina was still there as he was climbing the hills on the home gallops as well as ever. I know they nearly withdrew him because of the ground, but there are still enough doubts for me to look elsewhere. Possibly... because I do tend to listen to Nicholls more than any other trainer.

At Fishers Cross will now be kept on ice until the Cheltenham Festival in March.

Curtis said: “He ran great in the Cleeve and is definitely coming back to as good as he was.

“He has improved so much since Ascot, but he won’t be going anywhere before Cheltenham. We’ll freshen him up at home and that should put him bang-on.”

All he did was get tired from back of the last, but on better ground and with the improvement he thinks his stamina will come to the fore again...

Sounded fairly bullish to me.
i wish trainers/pundits etc etc would stop assuming better ground for the festival.

very likely to be testing.

Zarkandar to prep for World Hurdle in Kingwell. Celestial Halo to prep for World Hurdle in Rendlesham.

Nicholls reports Big Buck's lost 10 kilos since Cleeve & tightened up. Considers Annie Power his only serious danger

Back