The 2014 World Hurdle

Sam TD booked to ride Celestial Halo on Saturday - preparing him for the arm round the shoulder ???

That was good to see from Dunguib there
Could we see a glorious Solwhit style comeback this year from him?

Would have really added to the WH if he was entered, bumper winners usually are more saying types

Would have really added to the WH if he was entered, bumper winners usually are more saying types

And increased the chances of another 11 year old winning it.

Shows age isn't the big obstacle some people think if they haven't been to harshly punished throughout their career.

Absolutely no chance Dunguib would have stayed 3m.
What's that based on? At the moment I don't think this will take much winning, I'm sure we will find out if he does sometime in the future possibly at the punchestown festival.

What's that based on? At the moment I don't think this will take much winning, I'm sure we will find out if he does sometime in the future possibly at the punchestown festival.

His speed and the way he travels.

His speed and the way he travels.
Would have thought that before today but if he can make all over 2m 5f then if he settles he could stay 3m. Speed I usually don't take as a negative when looking to find a world hurdle winner as slow horses don't win WHs

Would have thought that before today but if he can make all over 2m 5f then if he settles he could stay 3m. Speed I usually don't take as a negative when looking to find a world hurdle winner as slow horses don't win WHs

Sundays race would be a far cry from 3m around Cheltenham.

Sundays race would be a far cry from 3m around Cheltenham.
Agreed, I just wouldn't have ruled it out being a possibility especially at 11 he should hopefully settle, his inclusion would definitely have made the race more interesting but it wasn't to be

I've included Boston Bob in my e/w multis 20/1 covered .Got on Celestial Halo at 16/1 e/w multi mixed. Big Bucks in my win multi bets.

Last edited:
On the Final Furlong podcast Mullins said "we have left Boston Bob in the Gold Cup and the World Hurdle, though on his Cleeve running he shouldn't be running in either."

Back