The 2021 Punchestown Festival Tues April 27th - Sat May 1st

I see a tracker horse of mine who I still rate, could run in a novice handicap chase on Friday at this venue. The horse is Notice To Close with a weight of about 10.2. He should start a juicy price too.

Declared. He carries 10.3.

He held a cheltenham entry at one point after his three wins in handicaps over hurdle and fences.

He's interesting with that low weight after a fair run the last day when in third, from his usual close up racing style, after dissapointingly being pulled up the time before.

He hung the last day too so a right handed track like Punchestown should suit.

He might go well on Friday me thinkz. :)

Last edited:
Snugsborough Hall to go close in the 7.00, (had a second look at the race).

Excellent course form around here, (1231), which included large fields. 16's a very fair price for him.

Last edited:
Snugsborough Hall to go close in the 7.00, (had a second look at the race).

Excellent course form around here, (1231), which included large fields. 16's a very fair price for him.
What happened at the start? Sounded like a compete mess to me.

I've not seen it, Moe.

I'm watching the snooker.

It's interesting at the crucible.

We'll get the 2000 Guineas field through tomorrow!

Last edited:
9mm of rain yesterday on top of already watered ground, a 70% chance of rain today (3-4mm).Going described as yielding and they were watering after racing last night :blink:

What happened at the start? Sounded like a compete mess to me.

Jockeys to blame. Most of them too keen. Two false starts then just as they were being let go at least two went into reverse and one whipped round. The Snugsborough horse was badly hampered and lost his chance there too.

They should look into it.

I'm dead against having them line up a furlong back and walk in, as they seem to do at most big meetings over here. They should reduce the walk-in distance considerably. But there might not be the same kind of room at the start of that race with so many runners for a decent walk-in. Having them approach from a bend isn't fair either.

I blame the jockeys but the procedures don't help.

The last time Flooring Porter raced on a right handed track he started veering left after the second last and was beaten. He's worth taking on.

My gut is to back Beacon Edge and Ronald Pump and I have done so but given the week he's had it wouldn't surprise if Mullins won it with some random shithouse who lacks the form.

I don't think it's an issue of left or right for Flooring Porter, it's more a question of needing a rail to run against. At Punchestown the inside rail on the hurdles track goes all the way to the line.

Living dangerously today. Backed the two horses in the 3.40 that RR.(well one of them agreed to race but not to jump!)Dollar Value gave me a great run for my money. annoyingly finished 6th and WH are only paying first 5 today. Really having fun this week. Never thought I’d say that about Punchestown.

Last edited:
Have gone with The Storyteller in the Stayers.

Most of the field don’t get this trip, imo, and if the fave is vulnerable going right-handed, then I want to be with one that stays and is consistent at this level. The 16/1 on offer seems a bit of an insult to me.

Flooring Porter obviously hadn’t got over his Cheltenham exertions. Dropped away too far out to say going right handed was an issue [emoji20]

Another one for Mullins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Declared. He carries 10.3.

He held a cheltenham entry at one point after his three wins in handicaps over hurdle and fences.

He's interesting with that low weight after a fair run the last day when in third, from his usual close up racing style, after dissapointingly being pulled up the time before.

He hung the last day too so a right handed track like Punchestown should suit.

He might go well on Friday me thinkz. :)

Bookies going 3/1 Asterion in this handicap chase.

Some bookies also going five places in what is a 15 runners race.

I reckon Notice To Close can definately run into a place.

All he's been doing his last few runs is lumping round top weight. He could be a different animal off this low weight.

Last edited:
2 mile division probably in the rudest health it's been in for a long time with Chacun, Shishkin and Energumene

the latter looks quite the animal

Do those numbers next to the trainers name on the racecard mean runs after wind surgery?

Back