The 2022 'Should be odds-on' Thread

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
Allow me to introduce the antipodes - should that be antithesis? - of the Longshot thread...

Obviously this one is much looser in that the oddschecker table will clearly show which horses are 20/1 or better for the Longshot thread but this one is much more subjective.

It's for odds-against bets that you seriously believe should be odds-on.

One for the professionals, you might say, and/or an alternative to the old 'Will Win' thread. Obviously not all odds-on shots win so there's an element of forgiveness in the titles, unlike Slim's old thread.

And the longer the odds, the more kudos you get!

I would like to think this one will throw up a better than 50% strike rate. Or maybe just make us throw up.

We shall see.

I'll start.

Saturday, Cheltenham 3.40 Hillcrest 13/8.

As long as you're sure WP should be odds-on.

Personally, I'm not so sure but I hope so for the sake of the thread!

The Festival. We have to be kidding ourselves thet Mullins is even thinking about running 2nd fav Energumene in the Ryanair Bob Ollinger should be and will be odds on

The Festival. We have to be kidding ourselves thet Mullins is even thinking about running 2nd fav Energumene in the Ryanair Bob Ollinger should be and will be odds on

Bob Olinger is in the Turners.

Why? I know he's Irish but he was an average handicapper for Gosden last year on the flat and honestly, not that impressed with his jumping lto. Like the Nick Williams horse.

Well it went off 4/5 so I got that bit right :lol:

Might have been 2/3 for the thread but for the mishap. Early days.

If it goes off odds on its a winner IMO. Betting short prices is a real skill and not every punter can do it.

Life is Good in the Pegasus tomorrow

Wins 4/5f.

Unfortunately I couldn't find betting for the race at the time you posted so don't know if it was odds against at that point but I'm claiming it for the thread!

2/4 (and maybe should be 3/4) so the early signs remain promising.

Back