The Bumper Thread

fonz

At the Start
Highly touted by Marten Julian in dark horses
Waley-Cohen and Henerson run Theatre Territory in the listed mares race today.
Whether today is the day or not remains to be seen as she's thought to want good ground, Bearing in mind the rain that's forecast.

Nice run in 3rd from Theatre Territory yesterday, Travelled well but didn't quite pick up in the ground
However the well backed winner Copper Kay did it very easily

Today as has been pointed out by Tanlic' Lisheen prince for Philip Hobbs comes here with a bit of a reputation from PtP and was also highlighted in Dark Horses.
I'll be sticking a few pennies on LP and Be Daring for Nicholls/Hales who should love the ground.

Edit Be Daring a NR

Last edited:
Yes, Lisheen Prince very well touted.
Am surprised The Unit is the price he is & also think Bentworth Boy overpriced

Last edited:
There was a lot of money going on the NTD horse today; am I to assume it's a bit of a betting stable?

There was a lot of money going on the NTD horse today; am I to assume it's a bit of a betting stable?
Yes I noticed steady money for it throughout the day too.
I remember when Little Josh won the PP in 2010, As Twister was being interviewed straight after the he'd won that he was overjoyed but the only downside being he hadn't had a bet on him!

AK is a daughter of Feathered Lady - which reminds me..where are Cantoris, Ardross, Steve Miller, Bar the Bull, Krizon, Kathy and all teh other stalwarts?

Krizon is now romantically attached , Kathy is around on Twitter, Ardross does appear here occasionally.

BTB kinda disappeared suddenly, not sure why.

La Bague Au Roi from the Warren Greatrex stable was the most impressive bumper winner today in the listed contest at Huntingdon. She won as she pleased after making all a looks a lovely type.

11/10 was a great price this morning considering the form boost of both her previous wins. Having 2 Willie Mullins mares in the field probably meant she was backable this morning.

Looks like she'll head to Aintree next after a well earned break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Warren Greatrex has another bumper horse out at Uttoxeter tomorrow called Burlington Bert which holds an entry in the Festival Bumper

La Bague Au Roi from the Warren Greatrex stable was the most impressive bumper winner today in the listed contest at Huntingdon. She won as she pleased after making all a looks a lovely type.

11/10 was a great price this morning considering the form boost of both her previous wins. Having 2 Willie Mullins mares in the field probably meant she was backable this morning.

Looks like she'll head to Aintree next after a well earned break.
agree with all this, particularly as she did all the hard work. Hopefully she'll be a little forgotten by Aintree and overpriced

I'm no Irish bumper expert, but Our Duke looks proper exciting. The Elliot horse he beat last time came out and whacked a Mullins hotpot subsequently. 6/4 will do for me

Elliott's taking a lot of money too. Was very impressive at Down Royal also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back