The Champion Chase 2010

A really inriguing clash between Master Minded & Well Chief this afternoon. If WC has retained his ability then with the 10lbs he's recieving he's got to have a chance of beating MM. I mean I think WC would be a danger to MM even without recieving the 10lbs if he could run to the form he showed against Moscow Flyer & Azertyuiop. I know I'm in the minority on that one though because there's a lot of people who believe MM is a league above MF, Azerty & WC anyway.

Here's a compilation of those three for anyone interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JpBlu_2Nx0

Great video Arazi, but bar Holts commentary I had to turn the sound down - the two shouting commentators ruin the races.

I love Well Chief, but hard to believe he is going to be near his best at his age and after all his problems.

At his very best he'd beat Master Minded off levels.
3.7 on the machine is very tempting.

EDIT: 4 taken. he's a 5/2 shot imo.

Last edited:
Well Chief is my favourite horse of all time, and I would really love it if he could win here. Safe round of jumping though, and I'll be happy.

A little sad, isn't it? For him to be so close to Moscow at the age of just 6 would quite possibly have meant he could have been the best 2 miler of recent times.

I did not back it, did not back anything - but thrilled to see the horse win. What a horse.

Master Minded looked pretty awkward throughout the race.

Does Big Zeb need soft ground?

MM 2.95
BZ 5.2
WC 6

Forpadydeplasterer ew would be my shout at this stage at around 14s.

Brilliant to see the Chief back in the winners circle.

Not sure what Ruby Walsh was doing bringing Master Minded out wide when you could see the better ground was on the inner - bizarre.

I did notice what Mick Fitz and others mentioned post-race, that Ruby appeared to be trying to counter MM's hanging right. Obviously he hasn't run his race and I hope we see him back at his best soon but in the meantime Well Chief has covered my bet on Harry Tricker so I won't lose today.

He didn't exactly try and counter it though, did he?

What chance Well Chief for the Champion Chase?!

Connections were looking down at Well Chiefs front legs in the winners enclosure. Glad to see the horse win again. Didn't back anything just savioured the race.

I like MM a lot, but thrilled for Chiefy. :<3: It is wonderful to see a horse of his calibre back in the Winner's Enclosure after having been through so much. Good ride by Timmy, and a great training performance by David Pipe. Today may be his last day in the sun, or maybe his genuine toughness and will to win will see him do this again. Whatever, today is one to remember. :)

Back