The Champion Chase 2010

Wasn't there a stat put up on the forum a while ago that Geraghty has the best record of all the jockeys for not falling off? In the circumstances that has to be a bonus.

Yes but it was a stat that did not take into consideration the quailty of mounts. Anyone who saw Gerathy jump off Moscow Flyer could never call that stat a bonus.

I still think Well Chief is really big at 10/3 for this.

Where will the pace come from though?

I've a feeling Twist Magic will go close tomorrow. He's a mixed bag but this course seems to suit him best. I thought his run at Exeter was pleasing, and he had Mahogany Blaze behind him, giving him over a stone. That performance for me puts the Cheltenham race in perspective. Master Minded was all wrong and was still the best horse at the weights.

I think it's between him and Big Zeb. A no bet race for me, though.

I've a feeling Twist Magic will go close tomorrow. He's a mixed bag but this course seems to suit him best. I thought his run at Exeter was pleasing, and he had Mahogany Blaze behind him, giving him over a stone. That performance for me puts the Cheltenham race in perspective. Master Minded was all wrong and was still the best horse at the weights.

I think it's between him and Big Zeb. A no bet race for me, though.

I'd agree this is trappy. With an on song performance any of these might win. I'm on Big Zeb's side but would not be surprised if his jumping let him down. I'll not be taking part in this one... good luck to those that are.

Twist Magic to be taken on today? If he backs up his Tingle Creek win today I think there will be plenty more taking him seriously for Cheltenham.

It's one to watch without betting. If the real TM turns up the rest are wasting their time. When I checked earlier there was no market w/o the fav (I was looking to back PR w/o TM) so I won't be opposing the favourite.

He could win with plenty in hand without necessarily enhancing his CC prospects. This isn't much of a race.

He could also lose today without damaging his CC prospects.

Last edited:
The media have already questioned whether he can win today. They probably wouldn't be questioning it if it wasn't his third race (sounds ridiculous that one) of the season or if it was at Sandown. If he gets beat there should be plenty of sections of the media saying it was expected on the day.

What a dire bunch of two milers right now. Twist Magic wins well and is clearly a class act, but after walking for the first couple of furlongs the moment the top two injected any sort of pace in the race the whole field fell apart.

Please lets hope for a proper bunch in terms of strength in depth next year.

Master Minded looks like he only needs to turn up to win this as I am not sure Twist Magic had that much in hand considering how the Henderson horse jumped.

Beat me to it Gal. I was coming on to say what a shower of b*stards the bookies are for shortening TM after that. To beat Oh Crick that distance isn't CC winning form. Petit Robin was going backwards from two out.

He was already the second best two-miler before that. He didn't do any more today than he had done at Sandown. No reason to shorten him. It's just the bookies trying to sucker punters into thinking he can challenge Master Minded.

If the real MM turns up at Cheltenham Twist Magic can't hope for better than second.

Back