The Champion Hurdle 2010

It had a harder 3-y-o career than it would have done had it been Prescott-trained. He ran is strong handicaps at the Royal Meeting, Goodwood and York and then was set a stiff task in the Leger, so I wouldn;t say your theory is dead yet.

The parallel with Katchit isn't lost on me but Katchit was also a forgotten horse when it won the Champion Hurdle...

Katchit also had a heavier campagne, if I'm not mistaken.

Katchit was a horse peaking when he won. CH appears to be on the downgrade but like others I wouldn't be certain of that and he runs like he is feeling something.(the pressure maybe :))

Katchit was a horse peaking when he won. CH appears to be on the downgrade but like others I wouldn't be certain of that and he runs like he is feeling something.(the pressure maybe :))

Very likely that that CH was quite poor, katchit was game, a very tough horse, an incredible record at cheltenham, and has won alot €€€€€€€€ for the ability he has. Medermit may be a similiar, could well win CH too!!!!!!!!

Four legs in tact - anyone learn anything else?

Jumping wasn't too good for me, ponderous at a few hurdles and big at others.

No and only yesterday someone looked at me stupid for even suggesting it. I think he will be single figures this time Sunday. ( an d)

If he'd back it as much as he's talked about it, he would have been needing a fair few wheel barrows anyway... :p

Im not really a backer of ante post markets. The most I would have had was 25-75 on Betfair with a view to trading and of course once he came in in price any notion of laying would go out the window. There is still a realistic chance of him going off in the top 3 in the betting on the day.

Im not really a backer of ante post markets. The most I would have had was 25-75 on Betfair with a view to trading and of course once he came in in price any notion of laying would go out the window. There is still a realistic chance of him going off in the top 3 in the betting on the day.

If he wins impressively tomorrow and turned up on the day I think there is little doubt he would be in the top three in the betting given his reputation and the likely Irish support. Connections seem to be at pains at stating that the Supreme is the main target though.

Jumping wasn't too good for me, ponderous at a few hurdles and big at others.

This is always likely when run at a false pace. Hopefully in a fast run race with the sort of momentum he tends to build you will see a dramatic improvement in the consistency of his jumping. I was mildly more positive after this performance and believe 8/1 might offer a bit of value in relation to the others at this stage.

The time was only 2.4 secs above standard on soft / soft to heavy going. It was a lot faster than anything else on the card. So i dont think that this was a false run race. The pace seemed proper throughout the race

I think the pace will be more to his liking in the Champion though. We shouldn't have expected a Champion Hurdle winning performance at the weekend.

Back