The Derby & Irish Derby 2009

Rip Van Winkle, Kite Wood, Masterofthehorse and Black Bear Island have all got very hot indeed.

Bar Fame And Glory all the Ballydoyle horses have got pretty warm.

Last edited:
Classy performance.

Pacemaker did an awful job if he was doing it for Fame And Glory.

Last edited:
Classy, classy horse. Well-deserved success for all connections, and another wonderful postscript to Urban Sea's breeding career.

Last edited:
Never looked like not winning . I wonder what price he was in running . He was dossing it at the end .

Why didn't O'Brien tell O'Donoghue to make it a proper test on Golden Sword? Played into Sea The Stars hands completely going at such a dawdle.

Kinane had him in the perfect position the whole way through.. obviously not much between all the Ballydoyles, they finished in nearly one line.. The winner is some horse!

Sea The Stars stayed every yard and hacked up . He was idling . Straw clutching I am afraid.

Last edited:
Rather surprising that the gallop for much of the race was only pedestrian. Perhaps looking to play into Rip Van Winkle's hands?

Fantastic to see a horse travel through a Derby so well, despite the pace.

A great team effort. I know people put Kinane down every now and again but when we were thinking of running Brave Inca on the flat there was only one jock we had in mind for him, MJK. A superb jock and great to see Oxx get another champion. He is a superb trainer and they are a fab combination.

I think Sea the Stars is a 1m 2f horse having gone so well 2f out and if he truly got the trip you would think he'd have gone on. Even Oxx seems after the race to be happy they got away with the trip. Agree that O'Brien's tactics were wrong. Why was Fame and Glory behind Sea The Stars!!

A great team effort. I know people put Kinane down every now and again but when we were thinking of running Brave Inca on the flat there was only one jock we had in mind for him, MJK. A superb jock and great to see Oxx get another champion. He is a superb trainer and they are a fab combination.

I think Sea the Stars is a 1m 2f horse having gone so well 2f out and if he truly got the trip you would think he'd have gone on. Even Oxx seems after the race to be happy they got away with the trip. Agree that O'Brien's tactics were wrong. Why was Fame and Glory behind Sea The Stars!!

I have no doubt that he would be immense at 10f but he was idling in front .

Back