The Derby & Irish Derby 2009

Looking at the prices how do they make Neeham a 10/1 shot and Monitor Closely 20/1 it was a head difference at Newmarket. I know they said he had been held up but MC did not look fit. Sans Frontieres interests me having looked at his run behind Delegator will love the step up in trip. All in all a cracking race

Age Of Aquarius is a lovely looking beast. Begining to firm up a bit in the market as well after being easy this morning.

Probably not going to win the Derby but looked to have plenty of stamina. Slow to pick up and get going when the others came to him but looked like Murtagh had a job to pull him up at the end.

Murtagh had a hard time pulling him up after crossing the line.

Imagine there will be a few too streetwise and pacey for him at Epsom but like I said he is the type to improve throughout the season and next year.

AOA is a proper Derby type and entitled to line up at Epsom. However given where he comes from I expect they have two or three ahead of him.

Really looking forward to tomorrow's trial. Should be fascinating.

Me too... I've got a feeling that F&G is going to be much better than any of us realise. I think Paddy Power are still 7/1 for Epsom. For anyone not on yet it could be your last chance.

I think Paddy Power are still 7/1 for Epsom.

PP`s Derby market is weird:

11/4..STS
11/2..CH
6/1..GA
7/1..f&G
7/1..RVW
10/1..Mourayan

I admire them for being taking an independent view on the race, but their prices on STS, Rip Van Winkle and Mourayan are ghastly.

I would imagine there will be plenty of Ballydoyle 4 year olds in training next year but lets see wat he does this year first.

I would point out something about Freemantle. Shortest of the Ballydoyle horses in the Dante betting is Freemantle (most notably with Ladbrokes), much shorter than Black Bear Island who is much bigger in the Derby betting. Take note!

I'd say so.

Murtagh as good as said so on the Morning Line yesterday. He seemed quite categorical that RVW and F&G were the big two at this stage.

He said after the race yesterday that AOA 'deserves to go' to Epsom, which, considering they usually have three or four in the race, suggests he has similar place prospects to the majority of the field.

Regarding the big trial today, it should be noted that Galileo and High Chaparral were really impressive in the Ballysax but only workmanlike in the Derrinstown trial as was Sinndar. Just something to bare in mind in that O'Brien and Oxx still will have them far from fully wound up for this today.

Back