The Derby & Irish Derby 2009

non stayers are going to get found out at Epsom. I can see Ballydole runners setting a furious pace to try and catch out the suspect stayers as well as utilising F & G's stamina

Well F & G was very impressive there they looked like they went a good clip there to so the fact that he is likely to improve again for a further step up in trip you would much rather the 3/1 than the 5/2 on Sea the Stars with stamina doubts. Something special will have to happen in the dante for this horse not to go off favourite on the day surely. I wonder whether JM will still be so keen on RVW now!!!

Mourayan is rated 111, Fame And Glory has given him 5lbs and a 5 length beating. Its arguably the best performance by a three year old this year on ratings and whats more while Sea The Stars might get 12f this fella should relish and improve for it. His run was checked just off the turn as well...hugely impressed.

Correct.

Hoping with the likes of Masterofthehorse, Golden Sword, Fame And Glory, Age Of Aquarius and possibly their Dante horses all going to Epsom that they will leave Rip Van Winkle for a mile or 10 furlong race.

Last edited:
Ballydoyle looks to hold an excellent hand of Derby horses - esp. F&G of course - without him, so why take the risk of possibly bottoming this horse for the season? SJP, Eclipse, Irish Champion surely a better route for RVW.

Ballydoyle looks to hold an excellent hand of Derby horses - esp. F&G of course - without him, so why take the risk of possibly bottoming this horse for the season? SJP, Eclipse, Irish Champion surely a better route for RVW.

Then Santa Anita!

Fergus McIver is turning into an interesting yardstick in the Irish trials. What does today's result say about Alaivan's performance at Gowran?

I backed up with hard cash what I said in the Guineas thread: anyone who fancied GA for the Guineas has to back it for the Derby, which I did on Saturday morning.

Gan Amhras is out to 13.5 on Betfair now. Although I'm very keen on Fame And Glory's chance at Epsom, that seems a big price to me.

Time was 2m 03.62s

The time of the maiden over the same C/D was 2m 5.40s ..about 19lbs slower...that maiden was a truly run race.

The maiden RPR should be highish..its normally about 85-90..interestingly it was won by Dixie Music who has twice been beaten by FAG..should get a 95/100 rating looking at those who finished behind.

That would give a speed figure today for FAG of approx 114-119 ..I would err more towards the 119.

I got a 120 for Sea The Stars in the guineas.

This is looking interesting..roll on the Dante

Last edited:
Gan Amhras is out to 13.5 on Betfair now. Although I'm very keen on Fame And Glory's chance at Epsom, that seems a big price to me.

Pah, that's nowt yet. He's not at the value stage until he hits ten times that, probably 5 days before.

Back