The Dewhurst

All a bit disappointing as a race. Frankel even didn't look so awesome, maybe he drifted to the wrong part of the course, maybe not settling so well early.

no..its a bit anti climatic..saamid sooo disappointing..not surprised that Dream was unplaced..but even he hasn't really taken part..thank fook the 2nd ran eh?

Last edited:
Think you can probably upgrade Frankels performance on the fact he has pulled like a steam train and has come up where the ground is possibly worse but all credit where credit is due and he's gonna be tough to beat in the guineas if he settles better

Think you can probably upgrade Frankels performance on the fact he has pulled like a steam train and has come up where the ground is possibly worse but all credit where credit is due and he's gonna be tough to beat in the guineas if he settles better

It wasn't a real energy wasting "pulling" though, more running a bit awkwardly and holding his head funny. Didn't help, but I personally wasn't too worried it would hurt his chance much, as I watched.

Last edited:
Winner did it pretty well - race disappointed as a whole though.

Have to agree. Delighted Frankel goes into a winter with his reputation intact but we learned very little and for all the build up of the race it was a major anti-climax.

Last edited:
Dream ahead over the top and Saamidd a terrible flop but roc is obviously very highly rated .

Frankel did well in the circumstances and yet another good time

Disappointing that it wasnt a race for the big three - although Frankel has shown that he is a bit special. O'Brien horse is one to watch for next season. I do love the 2 year old races at the end of the season - roll on Spring 2011

What does the 25/1 price about Roderic tell us? Would have been interesting if there was Market support behind him today - very hard to know what to make of it. Top class Champion two year old though.

Nothing went right for him and he still won easy without getting a smack.

He's going to be very difficult to beat next year.

What didn't go right for him other than a bump at the start?

Did the front two get shown the whip in the final furlong?

Winner did it pretty well - race disappointed as a whole though.

I'd agree with that as well - although it was impressive to win well like that after pulling so hard for so long.

The ground looks horrible - there's more kickback there than on the all-weather! Ironic really given the amount of comments about how bad the ground will be at Ascot by October for future Champions Stakes; it's terrible ground at Newmarket.

I'd agree with that as well - although it was impressive to win well like that after pulling so hard for so long.

The ground looks horrible - there's more kickback there than on the all-weather! Ironic really given the amount of comments about how bad the ground will be at Ascot by October for future Champions Stakes; it's terrible ground at Newmarket.

its not timing as bad as it looks though SL..its true Good/Soft on the clock..no worse

Maybe not but it's horrible ground - very loose and the kickback is terrible.

Nothing could make the ground look superb today, Ardross. I'd also slightly question this idea of Frankel settling well at Ascot, it looked more like he was running away with Queally, who let him go.

Back