The Gold Cup 2010

Don't know how he survived the mistake on the first circuit. You could see Ruby weaving him in and out from that point trying to keep him interested in the race.

Could easily have broken his neck.

Ah,an Imperial Commander scarf,maybe they should have sold some of them pre-race

Don't know how he survived the mistake on the first circuit. You could see Ruby weaving him in and out from that point trying to keep him interested in the race.
A couple of reminders too. He ploughed through that first one.

Brilliant! What a horse and I hope he gets the acclaim.

Huge run from Denman who ran really, really well imo.

Sad to see Kauto fall but he was never in the race for me.

Disappointed with Cooldine, who got caught for toe when the front 2 kicked on.

Not aggressive enough. Fair play to the winner though.

I thought he was too aggressive personally, as much as everyone likes to call him it, he is not a machine, he can't go 4m at Gold Cup pace, he should have sat back with Kauto (who was also too prominent) and saved something, was out on his feet over the last.

People seem to forget he wasn't exactly flying when he crossed the line in 2008, he was absolutely nackered.

A bit like last year - when Denman hits the hill he just doesn't have the engine to really go on. Give the credit to the winner though, very similar performance to Kauto Star last year.

They really must have kicked on late down the back because they went pretty steady for long enough - Cooldine was pulling for much of the way and that suggests they were not going fast.

IC much better than I have ever given him credit for....7 lengths in the end...wow.

As for Cooldine it will be interesting to see if he turns out at Punchestown - thought he jumped a bit sticky and ran like perhaps his prep suggested - ran miles below his best on a like through Curuthers. Either way he was nowhere near good enough on the day.

Back