The Gordy Elliott Horror Picture Show

Or Ted Walsh saying on TV many years ago that he would want to see the jockey "tear rashers off the horse" if he was in with a chance of winning.

:blink:

On a serous note, I hope GE seeks some counselling (don't victim card me either) as his world as he knows it has ended

People have taken self actions for less

Henry is the second biggest trainer in the country soon

Cheltenham will have a shadow over it and as an industry it isi mpossible to see new fans attracted now. We could be the last generation of fans left

On a serious note, I hope GE seeks some counselling (don't victim card me either) as his world as he knows it has ended

You are so right Granger, I hope someone is with him at all times.

I worked with a guy many years ago, he used to collect paper cups around the factory, penny pincher, was quite harmless. He got caught with a few welding tips in his pocket, obviously, someone bubbled him. The police were called and took him home, poor bugger took his own life in his car in the garage before his wife got home.

Last edited:
What's sadder is, the young Jockey, James, will lose absolutely nothing in comparison to what this is going to cost Elliot, for exactly the same offence...injustice!

Not a bit of it, GE is ruling his roost in the top position and as the boss he sets the example for his whole operation. Both are indefensible but, to my mind, that makes GE’s action far more indefensible than some young kid with no such responsibility doing the same awful thing.

Last edited:
Not a bit of it, GE is ruling his roost in the top position and as the boss, he sets the example for his whole operation. Both are indefensible but, to my mind, that makes GE’s action far more indefensible than some young kid with no such responsibility doing the same awful thing.

That's true but doesn't make it any easier to accept. If they both premeditated a shot and killed a man, they would both get 12 years.

The Referrals Committee of the Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board is scheduled to convene on Friday 5th March to hear evidence and consider an investigation relating to Mr. Gordon Elliott (Trainer).

Not a bit of it, GE is ruling his roost in the top position and as the boss he sets the example for his whole operation. Both are indefensible but, to my mind, that makes GE’s action far more indefensible than some young kid with no such responsibility doing the same awful thing.

Rob James DONE NOT WORK in the Elliot yard.

Cheltenham will have a shadow over it and as an industry it is impossible to see new fans attracted now. We could be the last generation of fans left

Calm down ffs

Racing is the 2nd most attended sport behind Football and will still be when the gates open back up

There is a high percentage of under 30s going racing, especially in the summer

Cheveley Park Stud announce on Sky Sports Racing that all horses from Gordon Elliott's will move between Henry de Bromhead and Willie Mullins.

Envoi Allen goes to de Bromhead, as does Quilixios.

Sir Gerhard to Mullins.

Cheveley Park Stud announce on Sky Sports Racing that all horses from Gordon Elliott's will move between Henry de Bromhead and Willie Mullins.

Envoi Allen goes to de Bromhead, as does Quilixios.

Sir Gerhard to Mullins.

Wants previous jockey relationships carried over. Jack Kennedy to keep the ride on Envoi.

Last edited:
Envoi Allen - Henry de Bromhead

The shooting star of jumps racing, unbeaten in 11 races over hurdles and fences and a brilliant winner of the Ballymore Novices' Hurdle at Cheltenham last season. A very warm favourite for the Marsh Novices' Chase this time around and widely regarded as being the banker bet of the week.

Sir Gerhard - Willie Mullins

Winner of his sole point-to-point and brilliant in two National Hunt Flat races to date. A leading player for the Weatherbys Champion Bumper, and one of the most exciting young talents in Ireland. Ironically his biggest threat at Cheltenham appears to be new stablemate Kilcruit.

Quilixios - Henry de Bromhead

Three from three in juvenile hurdles and took the step up to Grade One company in his stride at the Dublin Racing Festival. An obvious contender for JCB Triumph Hurdle glory.

Ballyadam - Henry de Bromhead

Grade One winner at Fairyhouse in November and right back on track when chasing home Appreciate It at Leopardstown last month. Many judges feel he can get closer to the Sky Bet Supreme favourite at Cheltenham with a slicker round of hurdling.

Malone Road - Henry de Bromhead

Another expensive purchase from the point-to-points and impressed with three wins under Rules before meeting with a surprise defeat at Listowel in September. Off the track since but remains a horse of rich potential.

Classic Getaway - Willie Mullins

Yet to race under Rules but already enjoys a high-profile having cost £570,000 at the Goffs UK December P2P Sale at Yorton Farm. All the major players wanted the five-year-old who was a facile winner of his sole point at Borris House. Cheveley Park got him.

Last edited:
Rightly or wrongly, one of the first thoughts I had when reading the Cheveley Park decision, was I really hope Gordon's mental health is strong and robust. Naturally, I don't know the guy or what he is like as a person, but at a time when mental health has taken somewhat of a battering over the last year of the pandemic, it's important for him to have support to help him through this.

The shooting star of jumps racing, unbeaten in 11 races over hurdles and fences and a brilliant winner of the Ballymore Novices' Hurdle at Cheltenham last season. A very warm favourite for the Marsh Novices' Chase this time around and widely regarded as being the banker bet of the week.

Winner of his sole point-to-point and brilliant in two National Hunt Flat races to date. A leading player for the Weatherbys Champion Bumper, and one of the most exciting young talents in Ireland. Ironically his biggest threat at Cheltenham appears to be new stablemate Kilcruit.

Three from three in juvenile hurdles and took the step up to Grade One company in his stride at the Dublin Racing Festival. An obvious contender for JCB Triumph Hurdle glory.

Grade One winner at Fairyhouse in November and right back on track when chasing home Appreciate It at Leopardstown last month. Many judges feel he can get closer to the Sky Bet Supreme favourite at Cheltenham with a slicker round of hurdling.

Another expensive purchase from the point-to-points and impressed with three wins under Rules before meeting with a surprise defeat at Listowel in September. Off the track since but remains a horse of rich potential.

Yet to race under Rules but already enjoys a high-profile having cost £570,000 at the Goffs UK December P2P Sale at Yorton Farm. All the major players wanted the five-year-old who was a facile winner of his sole point at Borris House. Cheveley Park got him.

Was that written by a 5yo?

What's sadder is, the young Jockey, James, will lose absolutely nothing in comparison to what this is going to cost Elliot, for exactly the same offence...injustice!
Unfortunately the young lad will suffer but he has mitigation, his age. I would guess many of us did things at his age that we wouldn't contemplate now we are older and supposedly wiser. Elliot is just an idiot.

Unfortunately the young lad will suffer but he has mitigation, his age. I would guess many of us did things at his age that we wouldn't contemplate now we are older and supposedly wiser. Elliot is just an idiot.

What about the coke head jockey's that bring racing into disrepute, that thinks a few lines of apologies in the papers is enough to satisfy the racing public.

That think we are stupid enough to believe they got it from a 2nd party...

Last edited:

This is so wrong..e.g. the lad who has looked after Envoi Allen is being punished and did nothing wrong....the ttrainer should be removed and a new trainer appointed.........manny a good trainer would have taken the job and the staff kept

Back