The Gordy Elliott Horror Picture Show

Hi lads and lasses its been a while hope other than this **** storm you're all well as can be. I've read all through the comments and I thin its all pretty much been covered.I found the photo quite shocking and sickening myself.

Personally think Elliot should be banned from holding a licence again. I don't feel any sympathy for him he's lived an absolute dream of a life and if he's done something stupid that see's that come to an end, so be it. If some top quality horses fall into the hands of other trainers what a boost for them and their yards. I've always thought most of being a top trainer requires getting the best horses. There are quite a few talented trainers about who'd love and fully deserve to get their hands on a couple of Gordons lot. People who've devoted their lives to racing and looking after horses and would probably never dream of doing something so disrespectful to a dead animal.

People tend to want to be more forgiving for their hero's or the more talented people around. I always found it strange that men would tend to be of the view that all rapists need their balls cutting off but then most men seem to hold Mike Tyson in very high esteem and would try and excuse his crimes or even try and defend his innocence of the rape he was actually convicted of.

So personally id say who gives a **** about Elliot ? I get the impression if this was happening to someone else he'd be the first to be telling the sick jokes or seeing which decent horses he could poach.

I feel sorry for the sport and i feel sorry for all the proper decent racing folk out there who will again come under scrutiny because some arrogant fat prick got too big for his boots thinks he can do what he likes and pissed the wrong person off at some point.

I doubt he'll ever go broke and will probably carry on living a dream of a life and be involved in racing in some capacity even like some have suggested that he wont lose his licence but i wouldn't lose one wink of sleep if i never heard his name mentioned again.

Last edited:
His crime is stupidity and ignorance

His judgment is based on perceived equine cruelty

Owners have the right to do as they seem fit.

I hope it is dealt with Friday and his career and livelihood are not taken from him forever

Trainers have and will continue to do worse unbeknownst

Danny where have you been.

Have you quit betting?

You was a really good form anaylist.

Why not join in over the festival period?

Tell us what your backing or have backed for each of the festival racedays.

Last edited:
He's lived "an absolute dream of a life" because he started with absolutely nothing and built himself up through sheer talent.

Last edited:
He's lived "an absolute dream of a life" because he started with absolutely nothing and built himself up through sheer talent.

Oh absolutely agree Slim but then if he loses the whole lot through being an utter **** then so be it. I don't think that will happen and he's never going to end up some two bit loser because of the kind of guy he is but all I'm saying is I don't give two hoots if he does. Once you're up in the top echelon of any business mistakes are costly the higher you go the more they cost. He's at the very top and he's dropped as big of a bollock as one might drop, tough **** pal.

Davey not helping Gordon there on Prime Time. He had a chance to paint the industry in a positive light.

It was car crash

Danny where have you been.

Have you quit betting?

You was a really good form anaylist.

Why not join in over the festival period?

Tell us what your backing or have backed for each of the festival racedays.

Tbh mate I haven't looked at the form books since last time I was on here ( did i have a quick spell last flat season ? My memory fails me) and haven't really watched a race either. I miss it everyday its just simply finding the time. I think last time I was on here I was preparing to give it a real good go and I think i was talking about career changes and stuff like that but the world has turned upside down since then with Covid and I've got side tracked with other things. I'll try and pop in a bit more often Marb.

Davey not helping Gordon there on Prime Time. He had a chance to paint the industry in a positive light.

It was car crash

Afraid to say anything I’d say & looked in shock.

I think David Broad may take over Elliotts license if/when banned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking today that Nina Carberry would be an ideal candidate to take the reins at Cullentra Stables.
I was also thinking that if GE showed up at Festival the anti racing fraternity that used picket outside the entry would lynch him.( hence the BHA ban)
My third thought was to connect the release of the GE picture with the anti covid demonstration in Dublin the same day.
A longshot but I am of the belief that those responsible for both share a desire to destabilise society in any way they can; "left liberal pinkos " in the words of racing man Charlie McCreevy.

Maybe I just think too much and should work a little more.
From Chicago Grey through Don Cossack and Labaik to Samcro , Envoi Allen and Tiger Roll let us not forget the genius within please.

Last edited:

I hope it is dealt with Friday and his career and livelihood are not taken from him forever

Exactly, the fall-out of this has been way out of proportion to the original incident.

Not much compassion here, perhaps understandably, but I can`t help feeling there`s an element of "holier than thou" present. Yes, what he did was awful but he`s done nothing criminal or illegal.....just been plain and totally stupid. Haven`t we all done things we`d rather not have plastered in the media. To me, his punishment will far outweigh the "crime" and I think it`s really stretching things to say his actions threaten the future of the sport...no way. Let he who is without sin.....as somebody once said.

Social media has destroyed the second best stable in Ireland and Britain. What a **** show.

Exactly.i like that word unbeknownst

Morans have left the yard, 20 horses to Noel Meade.

Could Gordon not sign over his yard to someone else short term? He’s going to be left with Gigginstown at this rate who’ll have 0 horses in 3/4 year.

Not much compassion here, perhaps understandably, but I can`t help feeling there`s an element of "holier than thou" present. Yes, what he did was awful but he`s done nothing criminal or illegal.....just been plain and totally stupid. Haven`t we all done things we`d rather not have plastered in the media. To me, his punishment will far outweigh the "crime" and I think it`s really stretching things to say his actions threaten the future of the sport...no way. Let he who is without sin.....as somebody once said.

Elliot had fcuk all friends before this so it is hardly surprising that they arent queing up to back him.

Morans have left the yard, 20 horses to Noel Meade.

Could Gordon not sign over his yard to someone else short term? He’s going to be left with Gigginstown at this rate who’ll have 0 horses in 3/4 year.

Without wanting to state the obvious it's too late. JP will be gone by the weekend.

Two strong rumours late last night

Gigginstown will not be sending any of their horses to the Britain for foreseeable future - 2 fingers to the BHA for overstepping their mark and treatment of Gordon Elliott. Tiger Roll news was just the start apparently, the poster boy of their biggest race taken out in spite.

***Edit*** meant to say these were remarks by Eddie O'Leary at a Festival Preview yesterday evening.

and

Davy Russell going to take over the yard under David Broad’s license, local Meath based trainer.

Last edited:
Bill Esdaile on Twitter

Noel and Valerie Moran's horses including the likes of Zanahiyr, The Bosses Oscar and Grand Roi have not left Gordon Elliott's yard despite reports saying they have. The sponsorship of the yard has been terminated but the horses have not been taken away.

Link to Kevin Blake on current affairs program yesterday. He tweeted it out. Animal rights group activist with the counterpoint. I don't know what it's like in the UK but I couldn't find anything all that incorrect in what the animal rights person was saying, other than the comparison re funding. If animal rights activists are that measured, not sure the industry has that much to fear. It may be the biggest difference between Ireland and the UK when it comes to the sport. If anything its Johnny ward that comes off as a bit of a tit.

https://twitter.com/kevinblake2011/status/1366771863536480262?s=19

Two strong rumours late last night

Gigginstown will not be sending any of their horses to the Britain for foreseeable future - 2 fingers to the BHA for overstepping their mark and treatment of Gordon Elliott. Tiger Roll news was just the start apparently, the poster boy of their biggest race taken out in spite.

***Edit*** meant to say these were remarks by Eddie O'Leary at a Festival Preview yesterday evening.

and

Davy Russell going to take over the yard under David Broad’s license, local Meath based trainer.

Seen the Gigginstown rumour myself. Ill be absolutely gutted if they don’t send any horses.

All their horses have taken a wild walk on the exchanges...

Indeed.

Samcro available at 30s and Abacadabras at 22s. Ive had a fair chunk of money on these an all so ill be sulking all festival week regardless.

Also got investments in Run Wild Fred, and particularly Wide Reciever. Ill be on to a loss before the weeks even kicked off :lol:

Last edited:
Back